1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
i dont mean from the cat to the muffler, if thats what ur saying right? i mean will the ms3 test pipe replace my 2nd cat?, im noobish at this so forgive me if i just asked the question twice haha
no it wont, our cats don't come off.

It's like this: header : mid-pipe with cat - muffler.

can't unbolt the cat. also why would you that's a 10,000$ fine

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
can't unbolt the cat. also why would you that's a 10,000$ fine
Depending on his location. Maybe you already stalked him and know where he lives :p

But yea, unless you plan on cutting and welding that to your exhaust... NO.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Depending on his location. Maybe you already stalked him and know where he lives :p

But yea, unless you plan on cutting and welding that to your exhaust... NO.
No, actually contrary to everyone's belief even if you live in a county without emissions testing, you still must legally have a catalytic converter on your car if it came with one, and it must be the OEM one too. and it is a 10,000$ a fine without, but nobody enforces it.

Federal law says it is illegal to tamper with or modify in any way ANY emissions control device regardless of location. Federal > states.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
No, actually contrary to everyone's belief even if you live in a county without emissions testing, you still must legally have a catalytic converter on your car if it came with one, and it must be the OEM one too. and it is a 10,000$ a fine without, but nobody enforces it.

Federal law says it is illegal to tamper with or modify in any way ANY emissions control device regardless of location. Federal > states.
Yea, i know it's illegal. But the fine im sure varies. And when they do exhaust tickets it's not specific to the cat, its more just that you have done some type of modification and the fine is like less then $300 here in FL at least the first time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts