2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a really good deal on avid1 wheels so I bought them 18x8+35 and got a new set of factory size 215/45/18 tires mounted. Afterwards i put them on the car and took it for a test drive now it sounds like bearing noise coming from somewhere however just had both bearings in the front changed. So I got an appointment to get it aligned but will that actually take care of the problem? It seemed like a good idea at first but maybe now not so much. I didn't realize it would change the scrub radius so much and hope the noise goes away after its aligned. Anyone have any opinions or advise? I see a lot of guys running that size so I didn't think it would be an issue. Also on stock suspension.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,141 Posts
Are you lowered? Any other suspension mods?

You will have some poke with 18x8 et 35, I think.. Also, 215/45 seems off for that wheel size. I would think 225/45 or 235/40 would work better.

I'm not an expert though.. anyone else willing to help?
CK

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted a little stretch plus its the factory size is why I went with it. All stock suspension and probably say that way the roads a r e terrible here in upstate NY.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts