2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an android phone with Verizon and when I turned on my hotspot, I can connect to it from my iPad or laptop, but not from my car.
It says "Network Error"???

Anybody encountered this issue and how to fix?

I attempted to switch from WPA2 to WEP and no help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've had the same issue. I've tried from my Nexus 4 and my wife's iPhone4. Both cases, I've tried open networks, WPA and WPA2. No luck.

I'm on v27 of the infotainment system.

I stopped looking at it because I don't know what it brings anyway, but just was trying to see :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

g

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got an iphone 5 and I had similar problems connecting via hotspot. I would turn on my hotspot while I'm sitting in the car and it would network error out every time I tried to connect. I then decided to turn on my hotspot 5 minutes early before I tried connecting and it seems to connect without problems. I use WPA2.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've had this error as well. What worked for me was turning off the WiFi hotspot on my phone, connecting to my home WiFi, then turning the phone's hotspot and using the settings menu to connect to my phone. Since then it hasn't had any errors connecting to my phone again.

It sounds like snake oil but I hope it helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have yet to be able to connect to my Nexus 5. My tablet and laptop connect just fine so not sure what the issue is. Wonder if v29 has any fixes.

·
Registered
244 Posts
since connected services aren't working, there are 0 benefits to connecting the car to wifi :(. On a sidenote i've never had issues with connections (att note 2, att sg3, hp touchpad in android and webos, sony z1s, and no tethering issues) could it maybe be something on verizon's side?

·
Registered
583 Posts
since connected services aren't working, there are 0 benefits to connecting the car to wifi :(. On a sidenote i've never had issues with connections (att note 2, att sg3, hp touchpad in android and webos, sony z1s, and no tethering issues) could it maybe be something on verizon's side?
I am not aware that the infotainment system on the 2014 has WiFi, could be wrong though ?

·
Registered
244 Posts
it does, its what it uses for getting data for the connected services (traffic, weather, gas prices) but thats only good for the first 2 months of the service which is the duration of the trial and its not renewable since its been discontinued.

·
Registered
47 Posts
it does, its what it uses for getting data for the connected services (traffic, weather, gas prices) but thats only good for the first 2 months of the service which is the duration of the trial and its not renewable since its been discontinued.
I believe the trial period only applies to markets outside the US/North America (not sure of Canada). My understanding is that Connect services through your phone's data has no trial expiry in the United States. 2014 Mazda 3 owners in Europe, though, are subject to the 2 month trial.

Not sure why this is the case. I have seen that the only website where you buy the "subscription" is through Mazda's European/foreign website. There is no way to even buy a subscription in USD if you wanted to.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i really wish mazda would allow us to use wifi to update infotainment system. or at least let me DL the updates on my own like the maps.

so much untapped potential with wifi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts