2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy

I currently try to connect my Mazda to my Xperia Z3 Compact via the WLAN Hotspot. But I always get the network error message that it can’t be connected.

When I use my Nexus 7 v2 it works straight away....
Is the Xperia not compatible?
Is there a log file which I could pull from the Mazda via SSH to see why the connection to my Xperia failed?

Thx
Andy

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
MZD in the Mazda is the problem;

->Netzwerkfehler MZD
and
-> Cannot use Satnav live traffic with iPhone 4s on Mazda 3 - Mazda 3 Forums UK

I have the same problemen sinds i bought the car in september 2014. The CMU must be replaced, you can't fix it with a software update. I try to convince my dealer to replace it but till now he is not conviced this is the problem and there is still no TSB for this problem.
A faulty CMU makes sense, but that doesn't mean MZD is at fault in this case. An updated and fully functional MZD has no problem with the iphone.
The way you state it, is like "My Mazda is broken" when only a lightbulb has to be replaced..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@JHS

Thx for the links I will definitely check them out and try the different settings with the WLAN Hotspot settings on my Phone.
Since I have at least one device where the CMU is able to connect, I'm convinced that I can get it working on my Phone unless
my Phone uses a rather special WLAN chip...

Does someone have experience in analyzing the log files created by the CMU where maybe the error is listed when the CMU is not able to connect to a WLAN hotspot?

Andy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Andy,

If you cant get the logs from the MZD cmu, mayby the logs of your phone could provide more info? ( i saw the BT logs of a S3 are quite helpfull)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so I read all the post from the posted forums and yes it works however only on WIFI CH11. So I need to force my phone or any WiFi hotpots to send on CH11 then my Mazda is able to connect. Its definitely a problem with the Network Modul of the Mazda so I hope they're going to exchange it...

Andy

·
Registered
39 Posts
so I read all the post from the posted forums and yes it works however only on WIFI CH11. So I need to force my phone or any WiFi hotpots to send on CH11 then my Mazda is able to connect. Its definitely a problem with the Network Modul of the Mazda so I hope they're going to exchange it...

Andy
Uhhh? During pairing the phone with MZD both the protocols are saved and stored in the phone and MZD. Your statement cannot be true, i tested my MZD
on quite a few open Wifi accesspoints, and it connects without a problem no matter what channel is used. (verified with "Wifichecker")
Wifichannel settings in MZD are not fixed, but is on "auto" (like your phone
/should be/ also)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uhhh? During pairing the phone with MZD both the protocols are saved and stored in the phone and MZD. Your statement cannot be true, i tested my MZD
on quite a few open Wifi accesspoints, and it connects without a problem no matter what channel is used. (verified with "Wifichecker")
Wifichannel settings in MZD are not fixed, but is on "auto" (like your phone
/should be/ also)
Yes it should be on auto however there is a firmware bug in the Network Modul that prohibits this and therefore it only works on ch11....

Andy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes it should be on auto however there is a firmware bug in the Network Modul that prohibits this and therefore it only works on ch11....

Andy
Hi Andy, i have serious doubts abt. what you are stating above, but i cannot exclude it.

The way to test? Go into the wifisettings of your router at home, and force it to use for example channel 10 only. Disconnect your router (if needed with regard to distance) and restart it near your car and try to connect MZD.

I bet it will connect without a problem!
BTW maybe i missed it but on what fw is your MZD presently, and is it a "clean" install? And what year is your car?

Your Nexus is working, and Xperia is notorious with regards to MZD

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hi Andy, i have serious doubts abt. what you are stating above, but i cannot exclude it.

The way to test? Go into the wifisettings of your router at home, and force it to use for example channel 10 only. Disconnect your router (if needed with regard to distance) and restart it near your car and try to connect MZD.

I bet it will connect without a problem!
BTW maybe i missed it but on what fw is your MZD presently, and is it a "clean" install? And what year is your car?

Your Nexus is working, and Xperia is notorious with regards to MZD
Car 2015, clean install latest firmware.

I tested exactly that with my home router (Fritz Box), but Mazda can't connected except when the Router is set to CH11. I tested this even on my Nexus 7 (here I can switch Channels with my Xperia I can't, it is set to ch1 and sometime 6 (strange behaviour))
and my Huawai Mobile WiFi spot. I spent a lot of time narrowing down and now I got it... (it works now with my Huawai Hotspot (CH11) and Nexus 7 (CH11))
--> So my Mazda is only able to connect to a WLAN on CH11 thats it...

Andy

·
Registered
39 Posts
More than clear now:smile2:

Faulty CMU is all what's left to conclude. Thing is that most dealers have no knowledge about it. Suggest following; go to the dealer, pretend you're a non-techie, and ask them
to paire your Xperia, that will fail (and they could blame your phone). Most dealers have wifi at the workshop ( with channel settings to auto); ask them to connect to their wifi, it will fail. All there is left is to replace your CMU under warrenty. (Mazda already replaced tons of them in the past)

Good luck and keep us informed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Canadian and US users have no chance of getting an RMA on the infotainment if this is a hardware issue ... wifi is not supposed to be enabled :) - however for me on v.33 it always worked without issues, after updating to v.55 it started having issues ...

·
Registered
58 Posts
since i've updated my nexus 5 to marsmallow 6.0.1 when i try to connect to my phone wifi hotspot the car always see my connection as a new connection and i have to reconfigure it.

I can't solve this problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had an issue where CMU would take a long time trying to connect then return a "network error" message. The solution was to set Channel 11 in the hotspot settings (android phone). Now it connects in 3-4 seconds, everytime.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had an issue where CMU would take a long time trying to connect then return a "network error" message. The solution was to set Channel 11 in the hotspot settings (android phone). Now it connects in 3-4 seconds, everytime.
Tried it today and it is still an issue ... it is a bit faster, however after I shut down my car, the next time I start the car I need to re enable WIFI since it is checked off ... it is so annoying :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Tried it with my wifi hotspot from AT&T. Had to switch it to channel 11 for the CMU to properly detect and accept credentials. Works with no issues now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tried it with my wifi hotspot from AT&T. Had to switch it to channel 11 for the CMU to properly detect and accept credentials. Works with no issues now.
Question for you, do you have WIFI enabled after you restart your car (like Bluetooth) ? What CMU version are you on ?

Maybe it is my phone Nexus 5 ... I will try with a router next ...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts