2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I was a very big fan of the Celestial Blue Mazda3s back in 2010. Then the new Skyactiv generation came out and at sudden all Mazdas became the same- more or less- boring soul red cars.

I mean I like the Soul Red. Really. I love it. But I was very disappointed when lots of Soul Red Mazdas came in from everywhere. Seems like in the past 3-4 years 90% of the Mazdas were sold in Soul Reds.

Now as the facelift came out I was very curious to see if there will be another bold color like the old Celestial Blue was, but then I realised- no more bold blue Mazda3s. Again.

I like all of them, because every color is very beautiful, but somehow I feel that all of them are a little bit- dull?

Even the new Eternal Blue... At first sight from the brosschure I thought I got back my old love- the Celestial Blue- in another fantasy name, but after I saw these cars in real, I disappointed. Sometimes it is really very nice, but in some aspects and some light conditions it is just another greyish as all the other colorways for the Mazda3. (except the Soul Red).

I know that most people wouldn't buy a clown, and don't want to own a Kawasaki green car or a KTM orange:) but at least I would have been very-very happy with a real, bold blue. (Mazda2 and CX3 has got a nice, real blue, but even this color is nowhere as bold and brave as the Celestial Blue was)

So Mazda, if You read this, please next time consider to have some other colors than just red and several other shades of grey. (grey-blue, grey-grey, grey-silver:)

I would happily hear my fellow Mazda owners about the color options...

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,537 Posts
Hi!

I was a very big fan of the Celestial Blue Mazda3s back in 2010. Then the new Skyactiv generation came out and at sudden all Mazdas became the same- more or less- boring soul red cars.......

So Mazda, if You read this, please next time consider to have some other colors than just red and several other shades of grey. (grey-blue, grey-grey, grey-silver:)

I would happily hear my fellow Mazda owners about the color options...

Thanks!
Some poor decision making by Mazda. However, there has recently been a shakeup at Mazda and some of the people responsible have been sacked. Hopefully things take a better direction. How about the same Recaros that the Euro spec MX5s have instead of the same old skinny flat lawn chairs that are put in the 3 ? :smile2:

·
Registered
988 Posts
IMO, I would think the reason they omitted the color is because of marketing issues and negative expectations on this specific model (Mazda 3).

Perhaps it wouldn't be a good seller? So instead, they concentrated to push a different array of colors, especially the Soul Red and now the Machine Grey Metallic.

To be attractive and fresh in the market you gotta be bold and sophisticated , what worked on 2010 might not work on 2014+...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts