2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Velez3Sport Any word from the replica source? Fiberglass makes me nervous, I hit the cement parking blocks waaay more than I should :)

If the price & fitment are right, I'd seriously consider adding my name to the list. Does the replica dealer/manufacturer have a website I can check out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
anybody managed to get this KS front/rear bumper?
we in europe (myself in switzerland) are desperately looking for alternative body parts for our Mazda 3 MPS, there seems to be hardly anything available for this car, nothing at all in europe...

I droped a message to KS, asking if they are going to ship to switzerland, lets see...

·
Registered
166 Posts
anybody managed to get this KS front/rear bumper?
we in europe (myself in switzerland) are desperately looking for alternative body parts for our Mazda 3 MPS, there seems to be hardly anything available for this car, nothing at all in europe...

I droped a message to KS, asking if they are going to ship to switzerland, lets see...
Any reputable company will ship anything anywhere as long as it is legal to do so and of course the buyer pays for it :001_tt2 1:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
:banana 1:

Decided to be a guinea pic and gamble on the safe arrival of the fiberglass bumper from Japan. KZG-71303 arrived today and I wanted to point out a couple of things before I forgot. First, I apologize for lack of pics. I had to pretty much sign for it, load it up in the hatch, take it to the shop, grab the courtesy car and head to a meeting. If I didn't get it to him today I would have to wait until late september and there are a couple of local events I want to be ready for.

Anyhow...couple of things:

Timeframe: 3.5 WEEKS
These things appear to be molded to order. Upon purchase it took approximately 3 weeks to produce. Incredibly, the actual shipping from Japan to my door took 4 business days, including customs clearance.

Packaging: POOR
The fiberglass bumper arrived in perfect shape, with all the little tabs that line up at the oem spots intact and unscathed. This was actually amazing, considering the bumper was just wrapped in a single layer of plastic, with a litle bubble wrap at the corners and placed in a large box (The box was the size of a small elevator LOL!). Considering all of the small tabs are molded, I'm surprised they were all OK. I expected a molded foam box or at the very least packed densely with packing peanuts, but it had neither. By some miracle and some great care by FEDEX, the box was in perfect condition, as were the contents. However, I imagine even modest box abuse would result in a damaged bumper.

Fitment: PERFECT
Again, sorry, no pics of the test fit because I couldn't stick around, but the shop called to say that it is a perfect and direct fit. JDM fitment is JDM fitment. :thumbup 1:

And my sexy ass courtesy car LOL!

And the bumper JUST fit in the hatch with the rear seats down and the front passenger seat and seat back all the way forward.

EDIT:

Installed! I chose not to leave any areas black. I will dip anything I want black later but I'm kind of liking the full paint match with no black.

Final notes:
1. You will be able to see the crash bar so to make it cleaner, the shop blacked mine out.
2. You attach the fogs directly to the molded mounti hole so you need to remove the outside bracket on the oem fogs...it is no longer needed.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts