·
Registered
32 Posts
Any response from KS?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Alright guys, so KS responded and they're just now giving me more information on the group buy. Some stuff they never mentioned before. So... It may cost a little more.

They're going to send the bumpers to one place, which i think i would be the best. To pick up in Miami. Because they cant get it shipping in the states, only to the docks of the state or country. Then would have to pay to ship it here in the US.

I don't know if this is what you guys would like to do....

The best way i know about shipping is Greyhound. Bumpers are pretty cheap to ship through greyhound. usually under $100.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
@Velez3Sport
I'll be honest, things are a bit tighter financially than I expected them to be at the moment. It'd be great if they could sent mine on along to Houston. I'd drive to pick it up. I understand how it is but I hate the thought of shipping Greyhound. Feeling unsure atm..maybe because I'm already getting the run around on getting my MS replica spoiler and side skirts painted. If I can't find anyone for that who a)wants to do them or b)won't completely rip me off on price I'd feel much better right now going into buying this bumper lol. In coming weeks I expect a bonus and maybe a raise so I'd be in a much better situation then as well.
I'm not saying "no", I'm still in just keep me posted on new deadline/date of purchase and I'll figure something out. I just want this KS bumper so badly.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
@SkyactiveTwentyThirteen @aaronfisher @brandonf @asianinja11

So what would everyone like to do? If they are shipping them it only goes as far as the dock. You could have it shipped to your closest dock, or have it shipped to a dock in miami i will pick up from. If i pick up your bumper i will ship it however you prefer, but obviously you have to pay local shipping. And greyhound i know to be the cheapest when shipping bumpers.

Let me know what you guys want to do. And i hope everyone understand how these bumpers are made. They are fiberglass, if we want to look into another material as a group i can see what others have replicated. Replicated bumpers are usually Fiber glass reinforced plastic, or Polypropylene which is very durable and flexible.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
I'm down. Guess I'll do greyhound to make it easier but if it arrives damaged I may kill myself lol.
Which ever is easier for you.
They could ship yours to Houston
Or they can ship it to mine in Miami and then you pay the $80 or so to ship the bumper through greyhound

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Which ever is easier for you.
They could ship yours to Houston
Or they can ship it to mine in Miami and then you pay the $80 or so to ship the bumper through greyhound
Yeah I love the idea of shipping to Houston/Galveston but since SXSW I have pushed a dental appointment 3 times. I'm running the warehouse here and realistically don't think I'd have time. Easier with Greyhound at this point for me

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Did you end up buying the kits? @Velez3Sport
Not yet, still plan on doing it. But delaying it till im sure of everything.

since this is already revived... i'd be interested as well.
^^

Last I heard we were just about ready. To my knowledge nothing has been ordered yet but I wouldn't blame him if he already ordered himself one lol. This was supposed to originally happen in Jan I think.
Im just concerned with how everyone is going to get the bumpers, no only shipping. But does everyone fully understand these are fiberglass bumpers? They need to be taken care of, not like the oem bumper like whatever.

Authentic comes fiberglass.
If we want another material we can look into the replicated distributor that has the sedan rear bumper. Pricing on those will be a little different and they should ship to individuals door or business location.

These authentic bumpers ship to dock, which is fine for me. I can pick up in Miami, and everyone can either ship to a dock closest to them they they pick up at. Or they can have it shipped to me in Miami and i can ship it greyhound for an extra $80 or so.

I'm just concerned with everyone after we drop a pretty stack on these bumpers. I want to make sure nothing goes wrong and everyone is satisfied.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
@Velez3Sport
As in fiberglass is very unforgiving. Any serious damage usually means cracking or other major stuff. Replica's are usually as stated already made completely of ABS plastic or a combination of other materials that can take more damage and scrapes won't just break or crack your bumper like the fiberglass will...usually. I understand and plan to take good care of it. I'm very patient as well so don't feel rushed on my account dude. Wait as long as you need to make sure we are all on the same page and feel comfortable, I appreciate and respect that. I like authentic personally but am open to other options if the vote swings that way.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If we want another material we can look into the replicated distributor that has the sedan rear bumper. Pricing on those will be a little different and they should ship to individuals door or business location.
I'd actually rather have a replica. ABS is better than fiberglass imo and I don't really care if the bumper is authentic or not because in the end it'll look the same. Plus, if it takes more of a beating, I don't see how that's a bad thing.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Yea, cause everyone i know who has an authentic bumper has some kinda damage to it. I don't want that to happen to anyone here. $900 on a bumper and have it easily chip and crack.

This is what ima do. Ima see about the bumpers from replica dealer.

And im also looking into what kinda bumper i can create. Not from scratch, but make a mold of a bumper, oem or aftermarket, get the fitment and just do my own thing. but thats a project down the line.

Im breaking the bank tomorrow morning buying 3 welders for my and my buddy's shop. then need to get the argon gas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Glad I came across this thread. I was actually looking to order the knight sports kit tonight....didnt know they are fiberglass. Thats a shame. I really liked that one and need a front and back bumper asap cause my cars in the shop till then :(

121 - 140 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.