2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
"By end of January"..OK no problem I can do this I'm in for the late model (BL) MZ3 bumper: KZG-71303 @Velez3Sport
Would you inquire about the rear finisher (bumper) for my model (BL). I only see dual exhaust and I need single. Thrilling Concept's rear finisher has an optional removable plug on the right side. If Knight Sports is like this no problem that's what I need. I can't find any info and may want this too if it doesn't mess things up. Should be around the same price as front if they have it.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just for my own clarification, for the MZ3 version, does the bumper simply fit over the oem round fogs?
The fogs mount on the bumper, just as they do on the oem bumper.

The slits on the front are nice.. It is sad that the sedan doesn't get a rear bumper from knight sport with slits in the rear to match
What do you mean...?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
RHD Japan:

Yu-Ten Auto Motor Co. (BaysonR's Manufacture of Mazda Parts) Email Conversation
Good Morning, I am inquiring to see what may need to be done to get a few bumpers in production. This Bumper is for the Mazda 3 BL and mazdaspeed. It is originally manufactured by Knight Sports. They have 3 bumpers. Is there any specific reason as to why Yu-Ten Motors Co has not replicated any of these 3 bumpers as you guys have done for both Version 1 & 2 for the AutoExe Bumper? There are many people interested in these knight sports bumper that they would like manufactured and distributed to BaysonR. They all love the bumper, but no one wants to spec $1,000-$1,600 USD Per Bumper. Mazda Owners want a replicated version they can buy cheaper and have distributed to the North American Region in Bulk to distribute for a lot less money.

I currently have a group buy getting set up for the bumpers. Someone Mentioned why doesn't baysonR manufacture these. So i informed them BaysonR is a distributor and the only thing we can do is ask the manufacturer, Yu-Ten Motors.

For more information on these 3 bumpers you can check out the Group Buy Thread
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/group-buys/36506-whos-interested-knight-sport.html

Looking foward to your response
-------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

Good day to you,

This bumper we do not develop ,

please kindly understand

thank you
What is the reason to that? Also your website no longer shows mazda in the tabs. Why?
Dear Sir,

our website is restructuring.

thank you for your focus.
Can you guys work on replicating the bullet as you did with autoexe?
Dear Sir,

Our company is not expected to develop this item

thank you
What would have to be done to get it into production?
Dear Sir,

It need to produce over 300 pcs bumper and the Material is ABS,

or maybe you want the material is FRP , it also need produce over 30~50 PCS

and we need the Sample to produce that.

thank you
If you replicate it baysonr will distribute it. Was it hard to do the autoexe one?
Dear Sir,

Our company do not intention to develop this item now ,

We would produce this item unless any customer order over 300 pcs...

thank you
How would a company like baysonr pay for 300 ove?
Dear Sir,

do not understand what you mean
How much would 300 pces cost if baysonr inquired on this? Or another company like baysonr?
Dear Sir

How much would 300 pces cost if baysonr inquired on this? It has depend to finish the develop.

Or another company like baysonr? we don't know about that

thank you
So you will consider developing these bumpers? Or just one of them
Dear Sir,

Our company do not intention to develop this item now ,

thank you

As for Yu-Ten, im not a fan of having them replicate it. Because more then likely they will only manufacture ONE of the 3 bumpers, and not all 3. If someone wants this done they need to speak to BaySonR to have them Email Yu-Ten and inquire on it. So Yu-Ten knows there is some serious interest in it. Im, not going to do that because honestly id rather pay $1000+ to keep the bumper exclusive and more rare then if it was replicated and mass distributed

Im getting this bumper regardless of group buy or not. I can no longer look at my car the way it is. Its just a regular 3 now, doesn't feel as good as it used to lol.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Your only shot would be to contact Takeshi-san who answers the overseas email address,

[email protected]

-Derrick
I like the way they talk.. Sean-San :ph34r:

------------------------------
Dear Sean-san.

Hello.
Thank you very much for your mail.
We do not have an agent in North America.
Usually we sell our products to overseas customer by retail.
Tokyo port to east coast port, ocean freight is about JPY30,000 / box.
If you have any questions, please free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Takeshi Nakazato

EVERYONE, THAT SHIPPING 30,000 JPY is less then $300 Shipping cost. So that is very well. In order to get a price on bumpers now, We need to know who is willing to commit to this. You don't have to be 100% sure, But at least 99%. No money is being asked as of now. Just need a # of buyers to get a total Quote.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I assume that by "per box", they mean "per bumper" for the new shipping estimate of $300?

That BL later model (koki) is growing on me, damn it!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
12/17/2013 Update:
As of right now it looks like we will be working with Knight Sports directly instead of any distributor. Confirming Pricing but was told Shipping cost per bumper will be 30,000 JPY, converted to $291.54 USD.

Interested Members:
Velez3Sport - (Undecided) KZG-71303 or KZG-71302
brandonlee - KZG-71302
SkyactiveTwentyThirteen - KZG-71303

I assume that by "per box", they mean "per bumper" for the new shipping estimate of $300?

That BL later model (koki) is growing on me, damn it!
That's correct. Box = Bumper

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I know it's expensive but a small price if you ask me to have a sick looking front nobody else in town will have! Good work man this is better than I could have ever done with this! :thumbup 1:
Thats what im saying

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Email Response from MazMart. Want to keep everyone in the loop with whatever information i get. And if anyone is interested in REAL AUTOEXE, there is one available in Atlanta GA.

Chris Tyre
9:11 AM (1 minute ago)

to me
Hi Sean,

The MBL2000 AutoExe front bumper cover is in stock in Atlanta and ships for free to a business address in the lower contiguous 48 states.
Currently, we're not a Knight Sports distributor but I will forward this to Paul (our manager) to look into.

Thanks,
--
Chris Tyre
Sales Professional | 1.800.221.5156

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Updated Estimates of the Bumpers. Most accurate Estimates updated in OP and below. Price Below is just estimate of the Part's Original Price including Tax, plus the shipping. The price does not include any benefits the group buy may include. Any discounts for the Group buy is being determined.

Bumper Cover Part Number Price of Bumper Cover Price of Shipping Total Price
KZG-71301 $712.29 $291.54 $1,003.83
KZG-71303 $726.83 $291.54 $1,018.37
KZG-71302 $763.17 $291.54 $1,054.71

21 - 40 of 151 Posts