2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't really planning on buying a new car for a year or two, maybe longer...but had an opportunity to buy a nearly-new 2016 from a close relative, for a price I couldn't pass up.

2016 Sport hatchback, with the six-speed manual and alloys- probably exactly what I'd have, right down to the color- deep crystal blue.

Hasn't made it to my driveway yet (another couple weeks, maybe?) but I'm starting to poke around and learn about what it is I've bought...very pleased to learn it has passive TPMS, as I'm starting to keep an eye open for second set of rims for my winter tires.

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
john112deere, congratulations to you. Welcome to M3R. Having lived in Vermont a while ago, know you have and will be enjoying many tremendous curvy driving roads.

And smart for you to get a dedicated set of winter wheels/tires living where your do. If you are not familiar with these tires, they are going on my winter wheels:

https://www.nokiantyres.com/winter-tyres/nokian-hakkapeliitta-8/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome!

And smart for you to get a dedicated set of winter wheels/tires living where your do. If you are not familiar with these tires, they are going on my winter wheels:
I am familiar with the Hakkas. It's got a set of Nordmanns (which I've been very happy with on other vehicles) right now, just not a second set of rims...depending how the Nordmanns fare with the hill I live on, the next set will either be Nordmanns again or Hakkas.

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got the thing Friday.

Drives nice...few little quibbles, but not surprised by them. I'm a Luddite- this car has too much fancy stuff for my taste. I'm also a 30 year old engineer...I can operate it fine, I'd just prefer to lose most of the techy stuff.

(Also, I'm glad I learned to drive in manual-shift cars without tachometers...acquainting myself with a new car is about the only time I look at the thing, if it's there. This one might as well not be.)

Unfortunately, the owner's manual is MIA (it'll turn up, but I haven't got it in hand) so I'm having to play with stuff quite a bit to get it set up to my taste.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
In the interim, you can go on line to Mazda's site, go into the Owners section, and access your OM. As a fellow Luddite, I too prefer the paper version -- especially since no index automatic connect to the section you want, but for an isolated question until yours "arrives."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts