2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Code Mode
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my wife and i just got back from the black hills trip and everything was going well. but about 1100 miles into it we stopped in sioux falls, SD and were going to an overlook of the city. well the road was blocked off for construction. so we decided to turn around, i back into a drive way and let off the brakes to put it into drive and the car rolled back and bumped a tree, thus breaking the drivers side tailight. oh man she was pissed since its her car. its just the very outer corner piece and it didnt do any other damage since the tree was growing at an angle.

so my main question is.. does anyone know of a place to get an oem light for a reasonable price.
the dealer wants 306 for the LH LED tail that comes on the gt hatch.
i did find them for 220 plus shipping and i havent had much time to look elsewhere yet. so just seeing if someone knows the shortcut.

in the meantime i put some clear packing tape over it and you cant even tell its broken from a distance. :argh 1:

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you look around on here there are a few people that have swapped out their tails for the JDM spec lights, you might be able to PM one of them and work a deal.

·
1,091 Posts
The JDM Spec lights are the same as the LED lights he's referring to in the GT version which we don't have in our 2010 MS3s. If someone were to convert from LED to halogen (not sure anyone who would do this) then they might have a spare one for sale.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The JDM Spec lights are the same as the LED lights he's referring to in the GT version which we don't have in our 2010 MS3s. If someone were to convert from LED to halogen (not sure anyone who would do this) then they might have a spare one for sale.
fail for reading comprehension, thanks for correcting me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts