2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! I have owned my 2012 Mazda 3 Sedan for almost a year now, and am excited to build my slow baby. I’ve started with some mostly beginner mods, but spend most of my time on this forum trying to plan for the future.

Mods
-Corksport SRI
-Corksport Shifter bushings
-shiftboot/ebrake boot
-cobb knob
-Sony Tochscreen w/ carplay
-Spoiler

What I want to do
-Corksport Catback Exhaust
-Rear Sway bar/Front strut bar
-LED strip Headlights w Halo
-Raceland Coils
-Wheels 17 or 18 in (pls give suggestions)
-Front Lip
-Corksport Ebrake cover (just for fun)
-Carbon Hood w scoop? what do y’all think?

What should I do first? I am still new to cars and have probably already said some stuff that has you guys cringing. Please tell me any and all suggestions or ideas!!!

And feel free to call me out if i’m going too ricey:)

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
291 Posts
On my 2012 2.0L non sky sedan... i did it in this order :

1st Power: (here..i am posting what will not trigger a CEL)
Corksport -- CAI and Catback exhaust .

Rear / Front sway --- from Corksport . (others make this look for black friday deals) If you add this then you must upgrade front and rear endlinks (Corksport or Whiteline)

Brakes :
R1 Concept rotors (for the slotted and drilled rotor look) & their performance brake pads.
Or with OEM rotors get GLOC brake pads ( i have a few freinds who use these pads on oem rotor and track their car)

Coilovers : (you pay for what you get, pay a little more for this part and get Taiwan or Japan or USA made )
Neo Motorsport Type AA --- I have these installed
Yellow Racing USA ---- check these out , this was second choice.

Wheels : 17x8 inch black ENKEI

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Rear / Front sway --- from Corksport . (others make this look for black friday deals) If you add this then you must upgrade front and rear endlinks (Corksport or Whiteline)

Brakes :
R1 Concept rotors (for the slotted and drilled rotor look) & their performance brake pads.
Or with OEM rotors get GLOC brake pads ( i have a few freinds who use these pads on oem rotor and track their car)

Coilovers : (you pay for what you get, pay a little more for this part and get Taiwan or Japan or USA made )

Brakes :

Is there a CAI for the 2012 3? All I could find are SRIs, but I really like the Corksport SRI!
I’ve heard that the rear sway bar makes a ton of difference with the front strut bar too! I like your wheels and have a really dumb question. I’m planning to do wheels and suspension, but I was wondering if I could put Aftermarket 17’s on my stock suspension before I get aftermarket suspension, or if thats not recommended.

Also, how does the Corksport catback exhaust sound?? I’m really excited to get it on but CS contacted me yesterday and told me it was out of stock and won’t ship until October :(

Thanks for your response!!

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
291 Posts
CAI / Cold Air Intake i use is from Corksport.You can use any aftermarket 17" before you start with your suspension as long as it .

For exhaust sound you can look up on you tube... alot of mazda 3 with aftermarket exhausts (some with corksport)
You can listen to mine : (Im on MSDS headers, no oem cats but with a high flow cat at the mid point and corksport cat back exhaust.)
cold start : http://instagr.am/p/B5GeJyVHYC3/ warm start : http://instagr.am/p/B6qMNS0nsqP/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds great! I’ll give you a follow on instagram too. I think you cut off talking about wheel fitting? I was planning on doing 17x7 +45 to +54 or 17x7.5 +47 to +50.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the Corksport Catback exhaust and I love it!!
Here are some pics and a Coldstart!
198AFA9A-3BA5-4B0F-BBC8-5B10E7480F33.jpeg
3A8C5439-83E0-40E3-ACC1-12121B48B606.jpeg
BBDAAE0A-03E6-4A22-84AB-031895B50930.jpeg

Coldstart below!¥
http://instagr.am/p/CEuWX1-HRIW/
CAI / Cold Air Intake i use is from Corksport.You can use any aftermarket 17" before you start with your suspension as long as it .

For exhaust sound you can look up on you tube... alot of mazda 3 with aftermarket exhausts (some with corksport)
You can listen to mine : (Im on MSDS headers, no oem cats but with a high flow cat at the mid point and corksport cat back exhaust.)
cold start : http://instagr.am/p/B5GeJyVHYC3/ warm start : http://instagr.am/p/B6qMNS0nsqP/

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
291 Posts
Fits like a glove

Reactions: 2012mazda3skyactiv
1 - 9 of 9 Posts