2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought you would be interested in this video. I wanted to know who made the software for the navi, but now I know. It may help you to know where this is all going and where it will go.

Mazda uses the Igo engine system by NNG, an euro based company with offices here in the US.

Watch the video.

http://www.nng.com/who-we-are/about-the-company/about-the-company

They use a 2014 Mazda 3 as a representation...tehe

Mazda should have taken the connective smartphone approach and paid the royalties to Apple, Google and MS. That way the updates would have been a smartphone touch away.

I think Mazda made a wrong decision with it's Navi system. A company who represents themselves this big, should not have the issues as it does. Somethings not right. They claim to be experts in the connective automotive technology industry. whoooey...

Just my 2cents:detective:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think Mazda made a wrong decision with it's Navi system. A company who represents themselves this big, should not have the issues as it does. Somethings not right. They claim to be experts in the connective automotive technology industry. whoooey...

Why don't you stop bashing it? I have no real problems with my Navi, and don't forget that it's the first implementation on Mazda this way...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iGO is the best GPS navigation system in Europe, better than TomTom, NAVIGON and even Garmin. :yes:
I did not say that, and also Europe is not the US.

PS I think Navigaon was bought by Igo or thereof. Read that a while ago.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Why don't you stop bashing it? I have no real problems with my Navi, and don't forget that it's the first implementation on Mazda this way...
I've been debating with myself regarding whether or not Babie's a troll or a tech novice. I still can't decide. It is fun to see what he/she complains about next, though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've been debating with myself regarding whether or not Babie's a troll or a tech novice. I still can't decide. It is fun to see what he/she complains about next, though.
Careful, you may find yourself getting a call from her Mom.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My last post...sorry, a girl....
Its not that you post a lot, which you do, because this is a forum and an active community is good.

You just post redundant threads, thats why the mod made that sticky at top merging (mostly your) threads. Just post in there, people will read it I promise. I understand you're disappointed in the nav and being vocal about your purchase is fine. but its been a couple weeks at most I don't know how fast you expect mazda to move. I would be contacting Mazda directly and talking to them as well, voice your concerns to them as much as you do here and they will have no choice but to glue an ipad to your dash.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
From what I can gather from her posts, she's a younger student with no life beyond this forum. I'd be angry as well. However, whenever I see someone having this many problems I start thinking that there are user problems, i.e., not reading the manual, doing things that the system wasn't designed to do, not following the right process, making mods with poor workmanship, etc.

Usually, if someone hates their purchase as much as she hates this car, they should get rid of it and buy something else to complain about. Unless you pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a truly custom car, there are always problems. You fix them and move on. I've never had a perfect car even with $100,000 Porsches, $80,000 BMW's and Mercedes, but I do my homework and fix the problems and enjoy my purchase. Life is too short to complain so much.

Reactions: Airfleet

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
From what I can gather from her posts, she's a younger student with no life beyond this forum. I'd be angry as well. However, whenever I see someone having this many problems I start thinking that there are user problems, i.e., not reading the manual, doing things that the system wasn't designed to do, not following the right process, making mods with poor workmanship, etc.

Usually, if someone hates their purchase as much as she hates this car, they should get rid of it and buy something else to complain about. Unless you pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a truly custom car, there are always problems. You fix them and move on. I've never had a perfect car even with $100,000 Porsches, $80,000 BMW's and Mercedes, but I do my homework and fix the problems and enjoy my purchase. Life is too short to complain so much.
Oh, I don't know. Aside from the constant typos and horrendous grammar, I get quite a laugh from her posts.

+1 on user error.

·
Registered
583 Posts

Vroll gets my vote again and once again , well put ! :thumbup 1:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I thought you would be interested in this video. I wanted to know who made the software for the navi, but now I know. It may help you to know where this is all going and where it will go.

Mazda uses the Igo engine system by NNG, an euro based company with offices here in the US.

Watch the video.

About the company | NNG

They use a 2014 Mazda 3 as a representation...tehe

Mazda should have taken the connective smartphone approach and paid the royalties to Apple, Google and MS. That way the updates would have been a smartphone touch away.

My Mazda navigation system takes me from A to B, gives me handsfree access to my calls, allows me to bluetooth stream the music I want, helps me consume less fuel, helps me control all my car features and warning indicators.......

It does everything and more than I need. Am very happy with it, where it doesn't work I use my smartphone, end of story.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts