2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, brand new Mazda, just took it out from the dealership last night. This morning noticed all this crap in the teachometer. The Dark picture was just when I turned on the engine and the light picture was when I got to work. You can tell it got a little bit better but you can still see the marks.

The other picture is just the same as the dark one but I highlighted the white marks....

Seems like some kind of pressure marks. The kind that happen if you press on an LCD display.

Have you guys seen something like this?

This must be a new record to have a problem before driving 20 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
It's probably a defective LCD unit. Take it back and have them replace the unit under warranty.

Reactions: eduardocereto

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
as stated above either factory defective (shit happens) or the dealer car wash monkey (not human being as they take about as much care of your car as a monkey would) was cleaning the dash and went to wipe the screen and pressed it super hard and broke it, either way not your fault. i had the dealer carwash put a crack in my 2011s passenger tail light, and i know it was their wash as 1 i told them not to wash it and they did (car was dripping water off when i picked it up) and it was on the top so only something falling on it or someone pressing it too hard could have done it, luck its small and i was able to fill it with super glue and it has not leaked plus its led so the part it would get water into would not affect anything (the clear lens and electrics are completely sealed from each other)

you could try taking a hair dryer and heating the screen up and seeing if it goes away (it might) but being so new i would just take it back and have them change it

·
Registered
327 Posts
Not a record. Although it was not a Mazda there was 2 problems with my wife's car when we were supposed to be taking delivery.

Don't fret, they'll make it right.

My only Q is was it like that when it drove off the lot? Or did it appear after a few miles?

Reactions: eduardocereto

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I drove from dealership to home I didn't notice. I think it wasn't there. Only happened next morning on my inaugural glorious trip with the mazda.

Today the problem is gone. Seems that it fixed itself. I think as someone mentioned could have been caused by humidity. I called them and they asked to bring the car over. But since it's gone I'll just keep an eye on it and take back to dealership if it comes back.

Thanks for everyone that chimed in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts