2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

What color fogs?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TRS has a 20% off coupon right now till sunday so I want to grab a kit for my fogs.:tongue: The thing that stumps me is whether I should go with 4300K or 3000K bulbs. I have their 4300K in my low beams right now.

What I initially planned on getting was the 4300K and doing the parking lamp delete so I would have a complete "white" front. 4300K low and 4300K fogs. But now I think that might be pretty boring and plain. I would go 3000K but not sure how that would look.

Anyone have pics of either same temp Low & Fogs or HID Low & Yellow Fogs? I think this would also help others who are thinking of getting HIDs for their fogs.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
3k will stand out more and personally looks way better!

Reactions: Pibma

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Ugh that sounds tempting... I just installed my fogs haha.

Reactions: Pibma

·
Registered
174 Posts
go with yellow..

do it..

DO IT NOW!!!!!!!

jk its whatever, personally i have 4300k low and fog, but i got projector minid2s lows, so i just wanted the fogs to cover the remaining ground with light so i can DOMINATE THE ROAD INFRONT OF MY CAR

its all about how you want the car to look, shouldnt be asking the forums, use the search forum or google on yellow fogs, because tons of people have done it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Im a fan of the white & yellow combo so Im watching this & waiting for photos myself lol. Im placing my order this week for my HIDs. Im personally lookin to go 5K lows and 3K fogs. need to figure out 35w or 55w for the lows still, BUT im not set on anything. friend just put in 8Ks..love how bright but too blue for me.

I just want to have the best lighting I can for the $$. On my truck I was the guy with 6 AM lights mounted on the grille on a custom built bar.... 12 lighhts total extra built onto my truck, not counting the many many LED projects lol......I LOVE LIGHTING!

is this company any better to buy from then DDM? or are you just taking advantage of the sale...

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Im a fan of the white & yellow combo so Im watching this & waiting for photos myself lol. Im placing my order this week for my HIDs. Im personally lookin to go 5K lows and 3K fogs. need to figure out 35w or 55w for the lows still, BUT im not set on anything. friend just put in 8Ks..love how bright but too blue for me.

I just want to have the best lighting I can for the $$. On my truck I was the guy with 6 AM lights mounted on the grille on a custom built bar.... 12 lighhts total extra built onto my truck, not counting the many many LED projects lol......I LOVE LIGHTING!

is this company any better to buy from then DDM? or are you just taking advantage of the sale...
I had DDM HIDs but it failed after 2 weeks. Same thing with my friend. There are people on here whobhave been running DDM's without fail though.

I already have a set of these that have yet to fail on me. They are of much higher quality than ddms and are actually snaller than the ddm raptors. Highly recommend these. Their customer service is also top notch. Plus the warehouse is in GA so it ships fast.

I think I'm going to go with 4300k on my fogs and just go with the white out look. Found out yellow fogs are no better than white fogs in foggy situations. I'll post a pic once I get it installed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had DDM HIDs but it failed after 2 weeks. Same thing with my friend. There are people on here whobhave been running DDM's without fail though.

I already have a set of these that have yet to fail on me. They are of much higher quality than ddms and are actually snaller than the ddm raptors. Highly recommend these. Their customer service is also top notch. Plus the warehouse is in GA so it ships fast.

I think I'm going to go with 4300k on my fogs and just go with the white out look. Found out yellow fogs are no better than white fogs in foggy situations. I'll post a pic once I get it installed.

Thanks for the tip Ill look into these cats a little more. im not Mr. Money bags so if im spending the money & time it needs to be right the first time. as for the comment on the yellow are no better than white in fog....sorry but i have to disagree 110%. On my truck if I ran my light bar or just white fogs i was always blinded with the glare back in fog & snow, flip on my ambers & kill the whites and it was SOOOOOO much easier to see.

this concept is backed really highly by the off road community (mainly the guys in the dunes) when the sand & crap is kicked up its difficult to see white but the amber is much much more visible. thats why you see so many cats at the dunes with LED amber lights mounted front & rear. Dont get me wrong Im not tryin to sound like a know it all new guy, so please dont take it that way....just what ive learned personally with my truck & in the off road side of the house.

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tip Ill look into these cats a little more. im not Mr. Money bags so if im spending the money & time it needs to be right the first time. as for the comment on the yellow are no better than white in fog....sorry but i have to disagree 110%. On my truck if I ran my light bar or just white fogs i was always blinded with the glare back in fog & snow, flip on my ambers & kill the whites and it was SOOOOOO much easier to see.

this concept is backed really highly by the off road community (mainly the guys in the dunes) when the sand & crap is kicked up its difficult to see white but the amber is much much more visible. thats why you see so many cats at the dunes with LED amber lights mounted front & rear. Dont get me wrong Im not tryin to sound like a know it all new guy, so please dont take it that way....just what ive learned personally with my truck & in the off road side of the house.
Yea these kits are more expensive but you really do get what you pay for here. You won't be disappointed.

Hmm I though it was like that too but I searched and read that on roads, it doesn't matter haha im pretty sure our car being low will be different as fogs are only suppose to light the road under the beam of where low beams light. I don't know haha :p just want my fogs to be noticeable over the stock halogens haha

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
I love the look of the Yellow Fogs with White Headlights.

Thats what I am planning on doing when I finally get around to the front end of my car.

Reactions: Mopar2

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
How difficult is it to convert the OEM fogs to HIDs? How are they wired up? Do you think it can be done without taking off the bumper? I will probably wait a bit before doing it, since I JUST installed my fogs haha.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Uhh its simple get the front of your car lifted and take the under body part off and its accessible from there fogs are just the same to install as lows

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How difficult is it to convert the OEM fogs to HIDs? How are they wired up? Do you think it can be done without taking off the bumper? I will probably wait a bit before doing it, since I JUST installed my fogs haha.
there is a access panel right under the fogs. I think its held by 3 screws. Not too had at all. I'll do a write up when I get my kit in.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yeah I though the panel would work. I'm mostly curious about the wiring. Looking forward to the write up!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Chubbs,

Is there a coupon for the 20% off? Also which ballasts and lights are you getting from TRS?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I found the coupon code... MovinOnUp. Did you just order this kit? H11: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Component Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

Does their wire harness replace the harness I just installed or will the OEM harness work? What wire harness type did you select? Heavy duty or Can-Bus?

Think I might spend the money now since they are on sale, just not sure about the wiring. Also I'm thinking about either 5000k or 6000k for my fogs. I have the stock bi-xenon HIDs that come with the tech package (I think I read they are 4300K?).

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I found the coupon code... MovinOnUp. Did you just order this kit? H11: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Component Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

Does their wire harness replace the harness I just installed or will the OEM harness work? What wire harness type did you select? Heavy duty or Can-Bus?

Think I might spend the money now since they are on sale, just not sure about the wiring. Also I'm thinking about either 5000k or 6000k for my fogs. I have the stock bi-xenon HIDs that come with the tech package (I think I read they are 4300K?).
The harness basically connects to the battery and the ballast to provide power to the ballast. You still use one of the OEM plugs for the light as this tells the ballast when to turn on/off. Make sure you select the same harness as the bulb type. I.e. if you are getting H11 bulbs, get H11 harness

We do not need canbus, get the heavy duty relay

If your fog bulb size is H11 then get that. Most OEM HIDs are 4300k. So I would get 4300k to match your stock bi-xenons.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Makes sense, thanks! Looking forward to your install guide!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.