2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Mazda 2016 Grand Touring 6 speed manual makes a whirling noise after I've driven it for a while. I took it as it was just some type of cooling system. I purchased the car preowned not even a year ago and the clutch dropped. Had to have the clutch and Flywheel replaced 1 week ago. The noise stopped and just heard it again for the first time since. Just a little scared. Never had a problem with any manuals I've ever owned. Only owned one automatic since I've been driving. Hopping the sound is normal and not going through that hell again. Too much money out to fix

·
Registered
165 Posts
My Mazda 2016 Grand Touring 6 speed manual makes a whirling noise after I've driven it for a while. I took it as it was just some type of cooling system. I purchased the car preowned not even a year ago and the clutch dropped. Had to have the clutch and Flywheel replaced 1 week ago. The noise stopped and just heard it again for the first time since. Just a little scared. Never had a problem with any manuals I've ever owned. Only owned one automatic since I've been driving. Hopping the sound is normal and not going through that hell again. Too much money out to fix
If its the sound im thinking of that happens after you shut the engine off, its completely normal. Mine has done it since 8K miles when I bought it.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts