2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

I'm looking for your opinion regarding the following questions:

1-Which LED fog light would you buy or strongly recommend between the two?

VLEDS

6 XTE-2 H11 H16 LED DRL/FOG LIGHT BULBS

or Philips

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U2NHLTI/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

2- Also which LED reverse light would you recommend? Is the following VLED LED a good recommendation?

WHITE HO 21 LED BACK-UP LIGHT 7440

3- Finally which vanity mirror light do you recommend between these two?

iJDMTOY

F30-WHP Fuse Type 6414F LED Vanity Light Bulbs

or VLED

VANITY SUN VISOR MIRROR LED LIGHT BULB

If someone can give lumen output per bulb or total lumen output I would appreciate!
I'm looking for 6K all around and lights that will give a natural OEM output in terms of brightness (not interested in super strong or super bright lights :wink2:)

I'm ready to go on a shopping spree! >:)

Thank you for your time :grin2:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Can't go wrong with VLEDs. If you have not made up your mind on 6000k, get the 5000k as they look more OEM while 6000k ones have a blueish hue and look more aftermarket from my experience. It's a shame that they sold out the Morimoto XB Fogs for Mazda and won't make them again unless they get a 300 unit commitment. With the money you've prepared to spend on fog lights none will beat the XB fogs because they have their own custom projectors.

PS: don't forget you still have turn signals, side markers and license plate bulbs to replace if you want to go all LEDs :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input! I'm still don't know if 5k or 6k? , Should this be a question also on the fog lights and reverse lights? In the end I think is just a matter of personal taste.
@g-hood, I already ordered bulb for the license plate, as far as I know Mazda's 3 here in Israel don't have side markers on the headlights so it looks like no replacement needed here, open for suggestion regarding turn signals tough :)

I just want the modern LED and not super bright kind of look.(Also I don't want to be that guy who is trying to hard if you know what I mean, being super flashy is not my style, I want the entire light color brightness of my car to be as natural as possible yet)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for your input! I'm still don't know if 5k or 6k? , Should this be a question also on the fog lights and reverse lights? In the end I think is just a matter of personal taste.
@g-hood, I already ordered bulb for the license plate, as far as I know Mazda's 3 here in Israel don't have side markers on the headlights so it looks like no replacement needed here, open for suggestion regarding turn signals tough :)

I just want the modern LED and not super bright kind of look.(Also I don't want to be that guy who is trying to hard if you know what I mean, being super flashy is not my style, I want the entire light color brightness of my car to be as natural as possible yet)
then 5k is the answer. I currently have 6k philips for my license plate bulbs and will be switching them out for 5k because 6k looks too "boy racer" imo

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok sweet, I'm really gonna go for VLEDS all in :) , what do you think about the color of the fog lights and reverse lights? Should I go for 5k as well? or for exterior lights 6K works ok?

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
in my opinion 5k exterior and 6k interior is the best route.

5k draws less attention to your vehicle from police and is just classier in my opinion. 6k exterior is bordering on blue which i personally think is immature

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey Davidval18,
Looks like you are in my head I am wanting to change out the fog bulbs to match headlights I want to change out the turn signal bulbs front and rear bulbs. What to use.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey @Cyclone3,

For the fog bulbs, I went with VLEDS 5K (See link below):

6 XTE-2 H11 H16 LED DRL/FOG LIGHT BULBS

The Bi-Xenon headlights are rated at 4300K, and when switched on the DRL LED's dim themselves to match the color of the headlights (During the day I think they run somewhere around 5000K - 6000k) .Therefore when all lights are on, I think 5K on fogs will most definitely fit the entire color appearance of the headlights and DRL LED's by not being overall brighter than them (6K would have been too bright I think)

After consulting and getting advise from people in the forum I decided VLEDS was my best choice, initially i bought Philips bulbs for the interior and fog but I really wanted the best I could get. (Not saying Philips are bad, but they only came on 6K and I decided to go with 5K) also for fog lights everyone recommended Morimoto's but the entire system is quite expensive so maybe another time :)

I also purchased x1 reverse light and x1 reverse fog light for my car (my model has reverse fog light) and I purchased too 5K all around for the interior (trunk, vanity mirrors, map and dome lights) and lights for the license plate :) (Everything from VLEDS).
For the interior I purchased the "Long life series" which has less brightness output than the HO Series (High output ) which have more output overall (Wanted a conservative look and not super bright! :) )

So there you go , that is what I would recommend you to buy, my order is arriving next week and I'll post pictures once I have everything set up. The only lights replacements missing now for my entire car are LED's for the rear and front turn signals :) , but that is in the future now, I'm thinking about these 2 options:

HIGH VISIBILITY AMBER 21 LED 7443 7440 - 7443 - 7440 - Shop Bulb Number

or

No Hyper Flash 7440 LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs, Plug-N-Play Style

P.S: Not 100% sure on your car model, but on my car fog lights will only work if the headlights are on, so no DRL LED's and fog lights at the same time for me.
P.S 2: (The consensus for LED headlights is not to install them , is better to install upgraded HID Xenon headlights, better output and illumination)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I did change the front turn bulbs to chrome Amber ones 7440, I hate to see the amber color it makes for a clean look and they still flash Amber. Still looking for fogs to match.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
I did change the front turn bulbs to chrome Amber ones 7440, I hate to see the amber color it makes for a clean look and they still flash Amber.
Can you please provide us a specific link for the turn signal bulbs you are now using?

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Thank you @Cyclone3. They look good and meet the ability to look clear except when flashing, but regrettably not LED's. ijdmtoy has the seeming opposite that they are LEDS but always yellow:

I am pursuing LED turn signal bulbs for a new Mazda 3 with integral LED hyperflash protection, and also look clear until turn signal is actually flashing.

Am I asking too much for both LED and also looking clear except when flashing?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you @Cyclone3. They look good and meet the ability to look clear except when flashing, but regrettably not LED's. ijdmtoy has the seeming opposite that they are LEDS but always yellow:

I am pursuing LED turn signal bulbs for a new Mazda 3 with integral LED hyperflash protection, and also look clear until turn signal is actually flashing.

Am I asking too much for both LED and also looking clear except when flashing?
Have you been able to found such bulbs? I have not pull the trigger yet on new front signal bulbs replacements since I'm looking for the same product as you are :|

1 - 20 of 20 Posts