2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the most quiet tire at a decent price, summer or all season, in either 215x45x17 or 225x45x17, forget Kuhmos I had them on my last car and they sucked. I have seen sumitomo HTR ZIII recommended.

Anyways before I spend any money I am looking for recommendations. I am on a disability pension and don't have cash to throw away on junk, whatever I buy I am stuck with.

Pat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Based on all of the rave reviews I've read, I would recommend the Continental ExtremeContact DWS all-seasons @ about $110 per tire. In addition to having excellent noise characteristics (tops in the category) the Conti's have MONSTER tread wear ratings - 540!

The Continental ExtremeContact DWS's appear to be the best all-season tire on the market right now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the htr z3's on my old car. They were great summer performance tires, and relatively quiet. I really liked them. They did seem to wear a little bit faster, compared to all seasons, but I got about 40000 - 45000 out of them. They performed great for how cheap they were compared to other tires. I would definitely recommend them, and I actually plan to slap those on my 3 once I run through the OEM yokos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts