2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after waiting 2 months from the day I ordered my new 3 sGT hatch, the ship transporting my car finally arrived at the "port" yesterday. I called the dealer with the anticipation that the car would arrive at the dealer in 1 week - 10 days from now only to find out that it's going to take another 3 DAMN WEEKS!

WHY SO LONG?? I'm in PA, and I know Mazda generally delivers ports in NY/NJ, Vancouver, and San Diego, but what "port" are these cars coming into that it takes 3 weeks to make it across 1 state to eastern PA? Is my car going to travel almost 3 weeks on a train from San Diego? Or are their operations just unbearably slow?

This is going to be my first car that I've bought on my own (excluding paying Mom & Dad years ago to buy my current car off of them) so I'm just a TINY bit anxious. :eek4dance: Not to mention if it came 10 days from the day it arrived in port it would have been here on my birthday. So much for getting a giant bow on it!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
So after waiting 2 months from the day I ordered my new 3 sGT hatch, the ship transporting my car finally arrived at the "port" yesterday. I called the dealer with the anticipation that the car would arrive at the dealer in 1 week - 10 days from now only to find out that it's going to take another 3 DAMN WEEKS!

WHY SO LONG?? I'm in PA, and I know Mazda generally delivers ports in NY/NJ, Vancouver, and San Diego, but what "port" are these cars coming into that it takes 3 weeks to make it across 1 state to eastern PA? Is my car going to travel almost 3 weeks on a train from San Diego? Or are their operations just unbearably slow?

This is going to be my first car that I've bought on my own (excluding paying Mom & Dad years ago to buy my current car off of them) so I'm just a TINY bit anxious. :eek4dance: Not to mention if it came 10 days from the day it arrived in port it would have been here on my birthday. So much for getting a giant bow on it!
Mazda now delivers from the Baltimore port -- not NY/NJ. Accessories you purchased with your car are installed at the port rather than the dealer, which is why it takes so long. They also have to fill up trucks for cost efficient delivery. This is true even if the accessories are floor mats because they go in a queue. In addition, they do not always have a full inventory of accessories. I had to wait an extra week because they didn't have the rear bumper protector in stock.

·
......KCCO......
102 Posts
Small world, OP, I am in newtown as well. Anyway that sucks you have to wait another three weeks but it's worth the wait.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well...turns out it doesn't take that long for the cars to go from port and move 1 state over to PA. Just got the greatest call today. My car has arrived and is ready for pickup (4 days after arriving at the port)!

So today is really a Grand (touring) Friday instead of just a "Good" Friday :cheesy:

·
Registered
468 Posts
congrats dude..can't wait to see what you're gonna do with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts