2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, First time mazda 3 owner here and just got a white 3 SGT.
thinking about to change the headlights to 6000K bulb and fogs with a set of 6000k HIDs.
does any one knows the shop around west los angeles who sale and install HIDs ??
please let me know. thanks

No time to do it myself, have to work two job to keep the family feed.

·
D/A
328 Posts
It's actually not very hard to do it. I haven't done it myself, but there's a lot of plug and play kits out there and all you have to worry about is a few wires. I would imagine it takes about an hour or so.
Here's a link to a good kit that's cheap and has good reliability.
XENON EXPERT

Another link to a little more expensive and higher quality kit.
XENON EXPERT

Be aware that you're starting to lean into a blue hue and knowing CA cops myself, you could be harassed by them for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HIDs kit

It's actually not very hard to do it. I haven't done it myself, but there's a lot of plug and play kits out there and all you have to worry about is a few wires. I would imagine it takes about an hour or so.
Here's a link to a good kit that's cheap and has good reliability.
XENON EXPERT

Another link to a little more expensive and higher quality kit.
XENON EXPERT

Be aware that you're starting to lean into a blue hue and knowing CA cops myself, you could be harassed by them for it.
I know its not hard to do it, but i'm a skinny guy and if i take the wheel off, I might not put back out tight as my weight only 130lbs.
so i want a shop or something to do it with the right equipment and tool.
another thing about order online, i always have to wait at home and i don't have a stable work schedual to do that. someone might take it away when mail men leave infront of my door. I live in a apartment complex.
so if i know where sell it and install, when i got a day off i can just go for it and get it done right.

·
1,091 Posts
Expect someone you're not acquainted with to charge you more than the actual HID cost for labor. Various vendors may be able to refer you to an installer (HID installation isn't a profession btw, just like hooking up a VCR isn't a profession) or they'll just install it themself for an exorbitant fee.

I know I can do it and I live about twenty minutes from west LA, though I would charge a lot. And based on people who've seen my first and only HID installation, it looks professional. Everyone asks where the ballast is.

Btw, I wouldn't recommend installing HIDs where the foglights are. The amount of glare off the road can be a bit overwhelming, both to you and other drivers. Don't want to hear about you getting in an accident or causing an accident and losing a family member or something because you blinded someone and they collided head on into you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Expect someone you're not acquainted with to charge you more than the actual HID cost for labor. Various vendors may be able to refer you to an installer (HID installation isn't a profession btw, just like hooking up a VCR isn't a profession) or they'll just install it themself for an exorbitant fee.

I know I can do it and I live about twenty minutes from west LA, though I would charge a lot. And based on people who've seen my first and only HID installation, it looks professional. Everyone asks where the ballast is.

Btw, I wouldn't recommend installing HIDs where the foglights are. The amount of glare off the road can be a bit overwhelming, both to you and other drivers. Don't want to hear about you getting in an accident or causing an accident and losing a family member or something because you blinded someone and they collided head on into you.
I don't usually drive with the fog lights on, only when late night after work and driving on the freeway thats barly any lights. and small side street around my area. I just want the headlight hids match with fog lights when i turn on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I know its not hard to do it, but i'm a skinny guy and if i take the wheel off, I might not put back out tight as my weight only 130lbs.
so i want a shop or something to do it with the right equipment and tool.
another thing about order online, i always have to wait at home and i don't have a stable work schedual to do that. someone might take it away when mail men leave infront of my door. I live in a apartment complex.
so if i know where sell it and install, when i got a day off i can just go for it and get it done right.

- get shipped via UPS... they will require a signature / someone to be there if you live at an apartment complex... (if you're not there, you can take the InfoNotice slip they leave, go online and tell them to hold it at the nearest UPS location and you then go pick it up)
- Why do you think you'll have to remove a wheel to install HID lights?
- the DDM kit online was like $40 last I checked... I don't know for certain, but my guess is you'll pay at least 5 times that if you have a pro do the install... the plug and play kits are RIDICULOUSLY easy to install.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
- get shipped via UPS... they will require a signature / someone to be there if you live at an apartment complex... (if you're not there, you can take the InfoNotice slip they leave, go online and tell them to hold it at the nearest UPS location and you then go pick it up)
- Why do you think you'll have to remove a wheel to install HID lights?
- the DDM kit online was like $40 last I checked... I don't know for certain, but my guess is you'll pay at least 5 times that if you have a pro do the install... the plug and play kits are RIDICULOUSLY easy to install.
If you aren't a newb and forget that everyone posted about reversing the plug!

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
DDM Tuning....that's also what XenonExpert is selling with a difference of $120. Easiest mod I ever done.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you aren't a newb and forget that everyone posted about reversing the plug!
Yeah - well the kit that I got actually had the correct plug orientation... not that that made it worth $40 more, just saying

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, i'm going down to huntington beach to pick up my DDM kit for my fog and extra bulbs for headlights.
I will see how hard is it when i come back.
DDM tuning have a shop in OC, thats pretty cool.

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
Good luck......when u get them u may want to refer to HID Lights for ballast mounting locations and how to reverse the plugs.......just in case you need to look at pics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok, i just called them, they said there is no D2S bulbs with hi low beam together like the OEM Bulbs.
their D2S bulb only come with low beam, so i will not have Hi-beam.
is there other people sell D2S hi-low beam bulb at 6000K ?

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
Since you already have the stock HID's, I would not bother trying replacing the bulb. The color difference will be very little and will not light up the road as well. Stock HID's are bi-xenon, so you do not have separate bulbs for the high beams.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got back from huntington beach and also installed there, 8000K on low-beam and 8000k on fog.
I will take a picture after dark. Thanks for all you guys help, still waitting for my cool white parking light to arrive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
answer 1: i pay 48 total for 2 set of 8000k bulbs and DDM slim kits from DDM tuning.
100 for install at 10 minuts away from DDM tuning and the shop called Harbor motor sport.
cheapper than my wife's infiniti G37 i spend 280 for hids, same set up.

answer 2: I thought D2S have to be high-low beam bulb, BUT!!! D2S only have low beam.
and how mazda GT make it work both way is i guess it push the light out the housing more so it become high
beam, because i test it, even tho its only D2S low beam bulb but my high beam still work. very interesting, I
thought my high bean will not work. BUT IT WORK!!! WOO HOO

I will post picture once i have my white parking light instal to match headlights.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.