2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a random one, but I have a 2016 Mazda 6 and installed the CarPlay retrofit. Where are you guys putting your phones? I don't like having a USB cable running up towards the front of the car (it ends up getting in the way of the cup holders/shifter/etc). Anyone run the cable through the side panels? Any other ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Usually I put a vent holder on the left of the wheel, the USB cable can be wired between the wheel and dashboard, it is invisible...

A question, where did you buy the retrofit? :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Usually I put a vent holder on the left of the wheel, the USB cable can be wired between the wheel and dashboard, it is invisible...

A question, where did you buy the retrofit? :D
My dealer let me buy a few right before Mazda sent out the "recall" notice. I have 2 extra that I'm selling for $225 (I paid around $240 including tax and just want to recoup most of my money) + whatever shipping is from Atlanta. Let me know if you are interested!

·
Registered
304 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
899 Posts
My dealer let me buy a few right before Mazda sent out the "recall" notice. I have 2 extra that I'm selling for $225 (I paid around $240 including tax and just want to recoup most of my money) + whatever shipping is from Atlanta. Let me know if you are interested!
So the 225 is the cable's and software?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Also when i finally get it i plan on finishing the CD player delete and putting the main USB box right there or just running a USB to that spot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My dealer let me buy a few right before Mazda sent out the "recall" notice.
Recall notice
Did i miss something? I searched the forum for recall notice with no joy (some database error?)

I purchased the CP/AA module 10 days ago and installed it all work well for the CP part..... anyone with a link to the recall notice?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Recall notice
Did i miss something? I searched the forum for recall notice with no joy (some database error?)

I purchased the CP/AA module 10 days ago and installed it all work well for the CP part..... anyone with a link to the recall notice?
It wasn't a real recall due to a problem - it was solely to stop sale to non-2018 owners until all promised upgrades were complete. I forgot the exact wording, but it's the reason it says "No longer for sale" on the vast majority of Mazda parts sites. I installed both and it is working perfectly!

·
Registered
13 Posts
It wasn't a real recall due to a problem - it was solely to stop sale to non-2018 owners until all promised upgrades were complete. I forgot the exact wording, but it's the reason it says "No longer for sale" on the vast majority of Mazda parts sites. I installed both and it is working perfectly!
Hey I sent you an email for the kit(do not know why I can not send PM).:laugh2:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for this update, as I hoping for a response like this.
It makes sense, hard for a manufacturer to estimate the uptake.

And nice thread. Still thinking through how I'll mount my Apple power/data connector landing pad. My goal is to allow for quick connect with one hand. Preferably in front of the shifter. I don't need to see my apple iPhone screen. May fabricate something, want it to last at least 2 years (400 reliable non fiddly insertions)

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't like having a USB cable running up towards the front of the car (it ends up getting in the way of the cup holders/shifter/etc).
You pretty much described how I have the cable. I have an iPhone 6S, which fits pretty nicely on the rubber mat in front of the shifter. I have the cable on the side opposite me, and find I forget it's even there.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
You pretty much described how I have the cable. I have an iPhone 6S, which fits pretty nicely on the rubber mat in front of the shifter. I have the cable on the side opposite me, and find I forget it's even there.
Depending on the local distracting driving laws - cell phones need to be secured
The Vancouver laws - a cell phone not mounted is a automatic ticket

1 - 20 of 25 Posts