2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at the DIY guide for trunk tie down points. I can't locate the tie down points shown for my Japanese built 2017 Mazda 3 sedan. Where are they? Could someone who has done this mod on the sedan version please post a photo so I can locate the bolts for fixing the tie down loops.

·
Mazda n00b
39 Posts
I was checking mine out after reading the diy, too, and I don't think we have them anymore.

·
Registered
327 Posts
On the right and left side of the trunk there will be a couple of rectangular plastic covers near where the side meets the floor. Pop the covers off and the threaded insert for the OEM tie down is in there :)

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the right and left side of the trunk there will be a couple of rectangular plastic covers near where the side meets the floor. Pop the covers off and the threaded insert for the OEM tie down is in there :)
Nope. On my UK 2017 sedan/saloon, I can only see small circular fasteners for the trim. Maybe we don't have the tie down points anymore as someone suggested above?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sorry I missed the keyword "sedan". I was referring to what was in my hatch.

·
Mazda n00b
39 Posts
Nope. On my UK 2017 sedan/saloon, I can only see small circular fasteners for the trim. Maybe we don't have the tie down points anymore as someone suggested above?
Yeah. I've just got the little round fasteners, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts