2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried to put my winter tires on this weekend using a 2 ton hydrolic jack and crushed it at the back. Had a hockey puck on and everything...thinking the metal on the jack was stronger than the Mazda 3. Did it at the end of last winter no problem, not sure what I did wrong this time (bought this new jack) but gave up before doing too much more damage. I think I placed the jack too far back, and after seeing these pics....can anyone confirm the spot?

Or is it just the weak frame....crazy to think I should have to go to the shop to reinforce the jack point!

·
Super Moderator
7,242 Posts
I tried to put my winter tires on this weekend using a 2 ton hydrolic jack and crushed it at the back. Had a hockey puck on and everything...thinking the metal on the jack was stronger than the Mazda 3. Did it at the end of last winter no problem, not sure what I did wrong this time (bought this new jack) but gave up before doing too much more damage. I think I placed the jack too far back, and after seeing these pics....can anyone confirm the spot?

Or is it just the weak frame....crazy to think I should have to go to the shop to reinforce the jack point!
Need pictures to answer. Where did you put the jack? Was the puck slotted properly to fit over the pinch weld?

61 - 64 of 64 Posts