2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I installed it on my previous vehicle and loved it
very high quality leather and cut perfectly to fit
However, you definitely need to give yourself over an hour of time to install it
Also, you NEED to wear good gloves, my hands and fingers hurt so bad after the install. You have to make sure each stitch is very tight

·
Registered
53 Posts
I recently installed something similar on the 2017 VW Jetta S we just brought home last month, Eiseng DIY Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover for under $40. Absolutely awesome upgrade, it looks stock OE, feels amazing, the matte finish to the leather is primo

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXXM1J0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is a picture of my results of the VW leather wrap:

....I did come across this for the Mazda 3 for about $27, my Mazda 3 came leather wrapped but I feel these wraps feel better than the Mazda OE leather.

https://www.amazon.com/Superior-Microfiber-Leather-Steering-Thread/dp/B01MZ0M35F/ref=pd_ybh_a_14?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=PDAHB5VFG36B45F8AWEX&th=1

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
The is a speciality high end car car installation shoppe, Coach Automotive Restyling, that has done fantastic work for me before. When I was there last, saw many vehicles over $100,000 there being worked on.

When I called them today and asked them who they would recommend for a steering wheel cover, there was an instanteous response from their # 1 customer rep whom I work with, e.g., Wheelskins!

I find the OEM steering wheel too small a diameter for my hands, something I immediately noticed during my first test drive. I have explored the Corksport steering wheel, but for $399 and the fact that their wheel will not allow the heated steering wheel function to work at all (and they will not give an assurance they will ever be able to make that version happen) so @ $59 Wheelskins is an option I am now exploring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts