2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XXR 527 with +25 offset or +35 offset?

I wanna know up to were can I go with the offset in my Mazda 2010 +20 +25 or +35 offset?

·
Registered
292 Posts
What difference does it make being an XXR 527 whether it'll fit or not? Wheel width, diameter, and planned tire size would be much more useful pieces of info :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I got you ;) I am stock between 17x8.25 or 18x8.25 with 235/40/17or18 deppeding which rims I get

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got the Flat black XXR 527s on my 3 right now, wrapped around 225/40/18 Federal tires. The XXRs are 18x8.75 +20? i believe and they poke hella lot..ima go with 215/35/18s so i can hopefully decrease the poke and then get a rear camber set. You can click on my profile and try finding a pick of the rims on my car, hope it helped [=

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the Flat black XXR 527s on my 3 right now, wrapped around 225/40/18 Federal tires. The XXRs are 18x8.75 +20? i believe and they poke hella lot..ima go with 215/35/18s so i can hopefully decrease the poke and then get a rear camber set. You can click on my profile and try finding a pick of the rims on my car, hope it helped [=
Yeas I saw your pictures your ride looks nice soo if I do 18x8.75 with an +20 offset I should be fine cuz am going to drop my car like 1.75 and I don't want no rubbing or nothing like that. Thanks for the help 

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lowered on TEIN S.TECH LOWERING SPRINGS
XXR 527 18.00 x 8.75 +20 CHROMIUM BLACK
tire 225/40/18

this is how is going to look in my car i did some Photoshop ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you lower the car1.75" you're going to have a hard time fitting a wheel that is 8.75" wide with a +25 offset under your fenders without some MAJOR work.
Well the teins springs are 1.5 and the 18x8.75 come in 20 and 35 offset am going with the 20 but how much work would I have to do lol

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Get the 18x8.75 with a 35 offset, you'll only need to roll your fenders, and some camber, your not gonna fit the 20 without pulling your fenders, i ran 18x9 +30 with 225/40's it rubbed, if you get 8.75's run a 215 tires on there, you should be good.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get the 18x8.75 with a 35 offset, you'll only need to roll your fenders, and some camber, your not gonna fit the 20 without pulling your fenders, i ran 18x9 +30 with 225/40's it rubbed, if you get 8.75's run a 215 tires on there, you should be good.
I can't find any 18's with 35 offset on stock online and I don't want get cambers or anything like dat

^^^^ he has the 18x8.75 with 20 offset on the hatch back

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Should have done more reasearch before pulling the trigger.

Even a +35 offset will require a fender roll and camber adjustment when you lower the car, there's just no way around it.

If you wanted the least amount of work for your setup you should have thought about going with a less aggressive fitment and done more reasearch...the knowledge is out there if you look for it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Should have done more research before pulling the trigger.

Even a +35 offset will require a fender roll and camber adjustment when you lower the car, there's just no way around it.

If you wanted the least amount of work for your setup you should have thought about going with a less aggressive fitment and done more reasearch...the knowledge is out there if you look for it.
i haven't bought the wheels yet i am still doing research no the wheels that's why am asking ;) but what you think of the wheels that i showed you on this car?

i know ill have to do work but this is how they going to look if i get them with no lowering springs?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Yes.

The wheel/tire will stick out from under the fender an obscene amount...look at the amount of tire that is nowhere near the fenderwell on the front end of that car.

Frankly, it looks stupid.

The +35 offset would be the most that I would even attempt to bolt on, and even with those you'd still need to roll the fenders and run with a good deal of negative camber as well as a bit of a stretch on the tires to get them to sit under the fenderwell.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yes.

The wheel/tire will stick out from under the fender an obscene amount...look at the amount of tire that is nowhere near the fenderwell on the front end of that car.

Frankly, it looks stupid.

The +35 offset would be the most that I would even attempt to bolt on, and even with those you'd still need to roll the fenders and run with a good deal of negative camber as well as a bit of a stretch on the tires to get them to sit under the fenderwell.
Yeas true it looks weird soo I should go with 18x8.75 35 offset? And how much of negative camber you talking about? I know about the rolling fenders but I never tought I was going to do negavit cambers with these rims And thank you or your help in advance

These is some photoshop of my car in gold xxr 527 =]

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Yeas true it looks weird soo I should go with 18x8.75 35 offset?
If you're set on those wheels then yes...go with the +35 offset. First, make sure that the 8.75" wheel will clear the strut/suspension with an offset of +35 (I believe it will though).

And how much of negative camber you talking about? I know about the rolling fenders but I never tought I was going to do negavit cambers with these rims
The amount of camber you'll need to run depends on how low you go and whether or not you put a stretch on the tires you're running. Keep in mind that you will go through tires like crazy with such an aggressive setup, even with frequent rotation.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you're set on those wheels then yes...go with the +35 offset. First, make sure that the 8.75" wheel will clear the strut/suspension with an offset of +35 (I believe it will though).

The amount of camber you'll need to run depends on how low you go and whether or not you put a stretch on the tires you're running. Keep in mind that you will go through tires like crazy with such an aggressive setup, even with frequent rotation.
i think the 8.75 will clear the strut/suspension with +35 offset.

well there are 18 so i am thinking on doing TEIN S.TECH 1.5 drop all around or the CM Springs 1.7 all around am not sure thought i want to have the rims on to see how low i can go lol

(i already got a hook up with these rims 18 XXR 527 GOLD RIMS WHEELS 18x8.75 +35 my cuzing has a boy in Springfield and he has them.)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Here's the thing, Warlord had 18x8.5ET+42 with 225/40-R18 tires and it was a nice flush setup. His fronts poked a tad more than the rear but were fine and didn't rub. The rears, even though they poked a little less still required him to shave the lip on his rear fender to keep from rubbing. This was on RM 1.75" lower springs so it looked alright with the bit of stretch on the tires.

In your case however, you're looking at a 1/4" more rim width, 7mm more poke (lower offset) and a 235 tire (10mm wider overall so 5mm more sticking in the outward direction concerning fender clearance). All said and done, the face of your wheel will be poking out another 10mm and the edge of the tread block will be another 13mm closer to the fender (or sticking PAST the fender in your case probably lol).

You've got the choice of either running a 225/40 tire on there with a tad bit of stretch to make it fit easier but you'll still need a good roll in the back and *maybe* in front. Even then though, if you're not lowered enough, the tire stretch will look goofy. If you go with your original tire size of 235/40-18 with the 35 offset, you're going to need to do an EXCELLENT job on the fender rolling or add camber.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's the thing, Warlord had 18x8.5ET+42 with 225/40-R18 tires and it was a nice flush setup. His fronts poked a tad more than the rear but were fine and didn't rub. The rears, even though they poked a little less still required him to shave the lip on his rear fender to keep from rubbing. This was on RM 1.75" lower springs so it looked alright with the bit of stretch on the tires.

In your case however, you're looking at a 1/4" more rim width, 7mm more poke (lower offset) and a 235 tire (10mm wider overall so 5mm more sticking in the outward direction concerning fender clearance). All said and done, the face of your wheel will be poking out another 10mm and the edge of the tread block will be another 13mm closer to the fender (or sticking PAST the fender in your case probably lol).

You've got the choice of either running a 225/40 tire on there with a tad bit of stretch to make it fit easier but you'll still need a good roll in the back and *maybe* in front. Even then though, if you're not lowered enough, the tire stretch will look goofy. If you go with your original tire size of 235/40-18 with the 35 offset, you're going to need to do an EXCELLENT job on the fender rolling or add camber.
Dammm you are the shitt lol hahaha thank u for ur help bro and I think I am going to save this in my iPhone soo I know what to do or which option dat u wrote to me should I do? The first or second I am thinking of the second option. =]

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was looking at that photo of the black Mazda 3... The rear almost looks do-able with a little fender rolling and the natural camber from dropping but the front looks pretty horrendous. Any further pics of that setup? I want 18x9.5ET+38 with 245/35-18 all around. It's not quite as much poke as that setup so I'd like to know what it'll take to get the front to tuck as the rear looks somewhat reasonable.

As a final note, depending on which tire route you go, you'll probably gain some clearance over the guy with the 18x8.75 +20 because he's running Federal SS595 which are notorious for being some of he largest tires in the game (as far as height and width), these guys are known to run BIG... Most 225/40 tires have a somewhat noticeable stretch on an 8.5" wide wheel. That Feddy tire looks a lot less stretched and it's on a 8.75". It looks more like a 235 almost.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was looking at that photo of the black Mazda 3... The rear almost looks do-able with a little fender rolling and the natural camber from dropping but the front looks pretty horrendous. Any further pics of that setup? I want 18x9.5ET+38 with 245/35-18 all around. It's not quite as much poke as that setup so I'd like to know what it'll take to get the front to tuck as the rear looks somewhat reasonable.

As a final note, depending on which tire route you go, you'll probably gain some clearance over the guy with the 18x8.75 +20 because he's running Federal SS595 which are notorious for being some of he largest tires in the game (as far as height and width), these guys are known to run BIG... Most 225/40 tires have a somewhat noticeable stretch on an 8.5" wide wheel. That Feddy tire looks a lot less stretched and it's on a 8.75". It looks more like a 235 almost.
Well idk about the tires yet

And look at this Picture

Reactions: ATTAHO
1 - 20 of 82 Posts