2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a CX-30 and I would like to get a set of Mazda alloy wheels for winter tires before next winter. Since it's a crossover version of the 3, I thought I would start here with my research. Which years of the 3 might fit...anybody?
It's got 18 inch wheels from the factory and I would settle for 16 inch wheels for snow tires.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,971 Posts
All of them, they haven't changed that much. Look around at the options and take your pick...Probably quite a few take-offs for sale with not many miles on them.

·
Super Moderator
4,971 Posts
All of them? As far back as 2003?
Yes, all of them. Mazda rims haven't changed all that much in many years. Most recent Mazda models have the same or similar rim specs. Offset has varied some but not so much as to make a big difference. Even 3rd generation MX-5 wheels will fit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would start at tirerack.com. They'll show you the general size recommended for 16" wheels with snow tires. Then if you want to go wider, then you'll need to do your calculation to find the right offset wheels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The model we got was the GS which comes with 215/55R18 tires on of course 18 inch wheels. The GX comes with 215/65R16 tires on 16 inch wheels so I would just get the same tires that the GX comes with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the wheels from a late model 3 are the same as the CX-30 then it should be a matter of attaining a set of 16 inch Mazda 3 wheels and popping on the 215?65R16s I would think. I'm having trouble finding wheel specs for the 2020 CX-30

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't taken delivery of the CX-30 yet. It keeps getting pushed back for some reason.
Is there something going on out there that I haven't heard about?:oops:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. So I picked up the CX-30 yesterday and the sales and service guys told me 16 inch rims will not fit on the GS model due to brake rotor clearances.
Does this sound legit? The GX comes with 2.0 engine and 16 inch wheels, the GS has the 2.5 with 18 inch wheels.
If you got the top model Mazda 3, would 16 inch rims from the base model not fit due to larger brake rotors?

·
Super Moderator
4,971 Posts
If I remember right, the GS has the same 320mm rotors as the CX-9. I think that 17" is the minimum size for those.
The 3 is different, smaller rotors on the top trim than the CX-30.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts