2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what are you guys doing for running a longer wheel stud when you use wheel spacers...it seems the spacers would reduce the number of threads for the lug nuts to grab onto to a certain degree - or are you guys running a different style lug nut that will go deeper into the lug nut bore to grab more threads on the studs

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have 15mm eibachs. You bolt the spacer onto the existing lugs, then the spacer has a set of lugs that you bolt the wheels on to. They are hubcentric as well.

If you are planning on using spacers, don't cheap out on them.
did you have to cut the studs so they would fit?

·
Registered
140 Posts
No. The stock lugs stick out of the holes a bit, but because our stock wheels have indents on the back, the excess fits nicely in those.
oh cool :) I have a ms3 now. would they still fit?

·
So Far So Good
189 Posts
What is the maximum whitout having to replace the studs and still be safe? I'm not sure between 5 or 8mm, thinking of it for the front.

·
2010 MZ3
144 Posts
The stock ms3 wheels doesn't have the indents at the back unlike the stock 17s the mz3 has. I have a 20mm spacers on and the stock studs still sticks out a little bit and hits the back of the wheel. Only option for that is to get longer studs.

Here's a site which tells you how long a replacement stud should be for a specific size spacer

Ichiba Mazda Extended Wheel Studs

·
So Far So Good
189 Posts
I was just thinking of putting a thin spacer in the front and keep the original studs.

Don't want to f**k with wheel studs that must be "welded" by rust. Anyway the front only need a little to get close to flush with a 225 tire.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I was just thinking of putting a thin spacer in the front and keep the original studs.

Don't want to f**k with wheel studs that must be "welded" by rust. Anyway the front only need a little to get close to flush with a 225 tire.
it will be fine... just get a hammer and tap the tip of the stud first and then you can hit it harder as you go. its like sex.. slowly at first... you might draw blood.:blush 1:

·
So Far So Good
189 Posts
it will be fine... just get a hammer and tap the tip of the stud first and then you can hit it harder as you go. its like sex.. slowly at first... you might draw blood.:blush 1:
haha! I can do this then...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts