2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm new here and I own a black mica mazda 3i sedan. I plan on getting wheels but I'm unsure if I should go 18x8.5 +35 or if I should go 18x8.5 +45 and throw 7mm spacers on the +45 to get close to flush. From researching these forums, the ideal size for me would probably be 18x8.5 +38 to be flush. Also, should I keep these wheels in the matte black that they come in or get them powder coated to be gunmetal gray? The blue sticker will be attached to the wheel so I'm not sure which combination would look better.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
In my opinion, i believe you should get 18x8.5+35 because its just easier not having to deal with spacers. It also depends how low you are. I mean 2mm might not even be a noticeable difference, unless you have some fitment issues with having 18x8.5+35 poke out too much. But in the end its all you man. I also think you should get gun metal gray. I personally dont like the whole black on black kinda thing but then again its all you in the end. Whatever makes you happy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks, guess I will get the +35 then. I also agree with the black on black, since there's no contrast it looks kind of plain.

·
Achtung!
879 Posts
Plus black wheels suck.

·
Registered
975 Posts
If you ever want to see me go mad on a car... it's black on black.
And I'm not going to say it's "overdone" because nothing is ever overdone unless it's cocaine...

You can't see it.
You can't see it until it's all dirty, car and wheels, and then it looks like crap.

There's no contrast in appearance, there's nothing interesting.

It's a shadow. Your eyes have nothing to look at because it's all black, so typically, at least someone like myself that is extremely visually and graphically oriented, overlooks anything black on black in a parking lot like that because it's just a shadow.

If it's supposed to be something "beautiful," why hide it with black?

Just don't go white wheels.
Because those are a pain to keep clean, and always look weird.
Black is neutral, you can go crazy with any color, which is great.
Abuse it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wheel fitment/Color

As stated above, the fitment will probably be better with the +35 offset without spacers. I've never like spacers for safety/performance reasons anyways. As for color that's all you. XCNuse hates black on black, but I think it looks amazing, especially with painted calipers and tints. It makes the car disappear at night, like a ninja... :shuriken: I have a black sedan with 18" OEM Sonota wheels and plan on plasti-dipping them anthracite grey with a glossifier clear coat. Perfect combo of stealth and metallic pop IMO. :grin2:

Oh, and I personally dig the blue stickers with both colors. :thumbup 1:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree somewhat that it can look nice, but the fact that the wheels are matte black and not a glossy black really hurts that argument for me. I'm trying to get around that same color grey gunmetal/anthracite for the exact same reason. By the way Loud3, aren't those black wheels on your car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts