2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question.. I just want to be sure I am not wrong here.. took a set of bearings and hub to a shop to install..after install srs light on.. first was told abs sensor on just one wheel.. replaced it... not fixed. Soo my thinking is they put the bearings on backwards putting the mag side away from sensor.. the shop's answer is the bearing was bad as the bearing can only go on one way??? Ok maybe but never heard of this before but maybe... So after much talk I had them replace the bearing again and if it was put on backwards it was no cost.. picking up the car they double down on the issue stating the hub assembly is tapered and can only go in one way and therefore it was bad as you cannot put it on backwards..

Question
Is this correct?
Since the hub and bearing set for both were the same is it possible that one can be bad and the other not?
Is there such thing as a tapered hub on the 3?

As I understand that these were parts that I brought to them to put on they cannot warranty the parts but I would hope they would at least own up if they installed them wrong...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
Question.. I just want to be sure I am not wrong here.. took a set of bearings and hub to a shop to install..after install srs light on.. first was told abs sensor on just one wheel.. replaced it... not fixed. Soo my thinking is they put the bearings on backwards putting the mag side away from sensor.. the shop's answer is the bearing was bad as the bearing can only go on one way??? Ok maybe but never heard of this before but maybe... So after much talk I had them replace the bearing again and if it was put on backwards it was no cost.. picking up the car they double down on the issue stating the hub assembly is tapered and can only go in one way and therefore it was bad as you cannot put it on backwards..

Question
Is this correct?
Since the hub and bearing set for both were the same is it possible that one can be bad and the other not?
Is there such thing as a tapered hub on the 3?

As I understand that these were parts that I brought to them to put on they cannot warranty the parts but I would hope they would at least own up if they installed them wrong...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
If the ABS metal ring was put on wrong (reversed) or wiring could cause that issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts