2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed wheel bands to help prevent curb rash. Unfortunately for me, I curbed one of my rear wheels before I had the chance to install these. :crying2:

Apparently these are pretty big in the tesla community so I thought I'd give it a try when they gave me a comp set through a friend.

What do you guys think? I think they came out pretty great for a 40 minute install. You're able to remove without damaging the wheel, and they come in different color combinations.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I love it. And your rims. What are the specs on those?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Just installed wheel bands to help prevent curb rash. Unfortunately for me, I curbed one of my rear wheels before I had the chance to install these. :crying2:

Apparently these are pretty big in the tesla community so I thought I'd give it a try when they gave me a comp set through a friend.

What do you guys think? I think they came out pretty great for a 40 minute install. You're able to remove without damaging the wheel, and they come in different color combinations.
The wheel bands look great (like how the red accents everything) and will protect those nice BBS's!

Might I ask what led you to shoe them with General G-Max AS-03's (over other choices) and how you like the ride of the G-Max's?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yeah they look great on those rims :D I've thought about getting them for a while now but since I've already curbed my two passenger side rims, I wasn't sure if it'll cover it up or not :(

·
Registered
578 Posts
Looks really nice and the red wheel lugs really tie it all together!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love it. And your rims. What are the specs on those?

@leela222 Rims are 18x8 +50 and wheel bands are one size fit all I think!

The wheel bands look great (like how the red accents everything) and will protect those nice BBS's!

Might I ask what led you to shoe them with General G-Max AS-03's (over other choices) and how you like the ride of the G-Max's?

@nanxun The color really does grow on you too, just keeps looking better and better. There had a pretty nice rebate on tire rack for the g-max's which ended up being ~$100 a tire and the reviews were better than the rest. I think they're slightly noisier than stock yokos but it's not bad.

Yeah they look great on those rims :D I've thought about getting them for a while now but since I've already curbed my two passenger side rims, I wasn't sure if it'll cover it up or not :(

@lowincash I'm sure wheel bands will at least help prevent future curbing. It covered the curb rash on the edge of my wheel pretty well + added some nice accents so I'm happy :laugh2: They sent me a promo code a little earlier to pass on to you guys, let me see if I can find it. Hopefully it'll help you out a bit!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guys at wheel bands thanked me for posting up my pictures and wanted to pass on a promo code for everyone here. Thought it was pretty nice of them and hope it helps anyone trying to protect their rims!

Wheel Bands Kit
Promo code: mazda3rev
Gives you a savings of $30 (from $119 to $89) + free shipping.

I'd say the accents grow on you pretty fast and gives you a lot more confidence when you're parking close to the curb. And they give you enough extra for a 5th wheel. +1 on my recommendation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts