2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I wanted to disconnect my halogen DRL.

There two options (a 15amp small piece - top left, and a box/square fuse - bottom right)

Whats the difference between pulling one fuse over the other?

I saw in another thread they disconnected the top left fuse to disable DRL. However i pulled the bottom right and achieved the same thing. Does it matter? Thanks!

Link to other thread: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2016-mazda-3-skyactiv-appearance-interior/37858-deactivating-drls.html

2 fuses you could pull:

MAP for reference:

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't disconnect the fuse
There's an actual built in method to turn it off (what the dealer would do)
someone on the forum provided the steps on how to do it
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2016-mazda-3-skyactiv-how-guides/61129-disable-drl-daytime-running-lights.html

worked for me, I disabled them this way and I'm only running my LED fog light covers as DRL's

I've even disconnected the battery a few times and it still retained the setting so it's like hard coded in
I tried that twice on my 2016. It didn't work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The larger one of the two is a relay. If I were to choose between the two, I would go with the relay. My guess is that this should prevent any current from going to the fuse.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I tried that twice on my 2016. It didn't work.
I remember I had to do it about 3 or 4 times before it finally worked
You have to be very precise when you do it
But perhaps it could also be different for the 2016 models
The steps on the thread were for 2014 cars and mine is a 14 as well but I doubt that's the case

Reactions: GANC3

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car in that link is a Gen 2 car. You would have to check the fuse map of the Gen 3 vs the older cars to see what is where. Bottom line, do it and see what happens.
Disconnecting either works. I just didn't know what the difference was or if theres a preferred method

·
Registered
672 Posts
I pulled the little fuse and the DRL went away. It just seems so simple to do compared with the complicated turn-off process, which did not work for everyone.

I kept the removed DRL fuse as a spare in case it's needed for another purpose in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts