2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a single din to replace my stock audio. I want all available features and top sound quality.

Any suggestions?......
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Pearl White Zoom!
732 Posts
If SQ is priority, Alpine. I would say Eclipse but they are getting harder to find and supposed to be withdrawing from the aftermarket back into high end oem.

Pioneer for ease of use and features, a little more aggressive on sound and a little less SQ.

I have all three, Eclipse being the best overall quality and sound followed by Alpine. I have Pioneer in the PT because it is more aggressive sound, good for high wattage, but no where near the Eclipse in my Mazda in terms of quality.

Based upon availability I would recommed Alpine to you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
^I'm with him, Alpine. I stand clear of Pioneer since the 90's. Not meaning they are the same, just don't know if they are better than Alpine nowadays.

·
Pearl White Zoom!
732 Posts
Depends upon what features are most important to you, including if you are planning for future add ons or not. Also need to keep in mind you will need an adapter to keep your steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
161 Posts
What's your "spending powwwa" ?? lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
The high end Pio decks are better than anything Alpine offers in the US today, period.

But you'd better be ready to spend $1k+ (haven't checked pricing in a year) for a single DIN non-video HU.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The Pioneer decks has been one of the best since 3-4 years ago. even sales on Pioneer decks have been number 1 for years now compared to others. I had Alpine decks, Eclipse, Kenwood on my past cars. never went back since I got my Pioneer deck on my old mz3.

Reactions: onblast

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up going with the alpine cde 123. Looked and sounded great plus it was on sale.... Cant wait to install

·
Registered
161 Posts
The Pioneer decks has been one of the best since 3-4 years ago. even sales on Pioneer decks have been number 1 for years now compared to others. I had Alpine decks, Eclipse, Kenwood on my past cars. never went back since I got my Pioneer deck on my old mz3.
So they did start making them better.... awesome.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
So they did start making them better.... awesome.
yep they did:yes:

if only i have funds right now.. i'll get one of their Navi systems

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pioneer's to line products really have been better since they brought the DEH-P880PRS over to the US back in the 2006ish timeframe. Had one back then...really liked the deck, although they were kind of known for having preout issues.

My favorite single DIN from Alpine was the CDA-9835 back in the 2004-2005 timeframe. Really lilked that unit.

Neither of those could come close in terms of processing to the dedicated DSP EQ/Xover/T/A units like the PXA-H701, Zapco DC, etc, but that were really flexible.

The new top end Pio is a damn nice piece...almost makes me wish I was still addicted to car audio, but my ears appreciate me sticking to stock. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts