2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After 1 year, I'm very much close to completion in regards to how I want my car to look and feel. So, I'm debating what should be my next mod, and I'm requesting some insight from you guys :)

Important to note that Performance Mods to the engine are off the table, my warranty is more precious than a few more HP.

Here are the options I want (I'm also open to any other suggestions):

Mazda Aero Kit - With shipping and taxes to Israel round 1700$ . I could also get the Lenzdesign Kit for approx. 800$ but it would not include rear diffuser or rear spoiler.
Borla Exhaust - With shipping and taxes to Israel around 1100$
All Weather Floor Mats - 2 Options: Premium Mazda Floor Liners Approx. 500$ or MaxSpider 300$

Sadly the prices to Israel are a bit of a pain in the as* and I'm not able to get everything at once.

Thanks for your help or for any other ideas you might have :)

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Personally I would go with the aero kit. Would make the most difference appearance wise. The exhaust will just make the car louder. Would be OK on a fast car but to me the Mazda is not a fast car so then you would just have a loud car. The mats are too expensive. Good luck on whatever you decide.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Rdrokit, Thanks for your input! I do agree with you that the Mazda 3 is not a fast car in terms of 0-100km but I do think it's a fun car to drive! Adding a good exhaust will add to the experience factor of "fun". I'm aware that this car is not a hot hatch, like an A45 AMG or Seat Leon Cupra , and I'm not building it to be that way or neither to be a track performance oriented, I just want it to be more fun.

The Aero Kit is superb appearance mod, but I don't know if it's worth to spend 1700USD just for appearance, the car already looks amazing lowered and with O.Z wheels and additional add-ons. The shipping and taxes is what kills me.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Since the floor mats are an inside mod, you get to enjoy it while you are on the inside of the car, rather than everyone else enjoying the other mods on the outside of your car; and it's cheaper!
Although $500 seems VERY expensive for floor mats. Is that $400 shipping to Israel? (eek!) I think I paid about $100 for the Mazda Factory all-weather mats, and I love the perfect fit and finish. For the money and all the work it took me to install them, they were the best "bang-for-my-buck." They make the interior feel a bit more premium, and they clean up like new every time I wash them with the rest of the car.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Mazda-0000-8B-L82-All-Weather-Floor/dp/B00FA8XRIO

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@gruuvin, I checked the All Weather OEM Floor Mats, they look great! the only problem is that that they don't provide protection to the dead petal. I do agree with you that this option is the best "bang-for-my-buck" and one to be considered very seriously, thanks!

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
What one would make you the happiest first? For we all know you are now mod addicted, and in the long run, you are going to have everyone you listed in your post.

Isn't this a fun addiction!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What one would make you the happiest first? For we all know you are now mod addicted, and in the long run, you are going to have everyone you listed in your post.

Isn't this a fun addiction!
Hahaha, I agree with you, eventually I'll have all the mods in my list, this addiction will stop until my wife kills me lol :|

So... I pull the trigger today and I purchased the Borla Exhaust as this is what would make me the happiest 0:) . I also purchased the Canadian Premium Floor Mats because hands down they are the best looking floor mats for our cars, worth the shipping cost and price.

Aero Kit will be come eventually in the near future 0:) , I'll wait a little bit more to put the cherry on the top of my cake.

Everything should arrive in the next month or so :) :) :)

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Congratulations! What you are going to LOVE about your OEM Premium floor mats, is that (at least with my conversion to Corksport LED interior lights -- their kit), is that every time I open the driver's door, their "Mazda badge" lights up/shimmering/glittering.

Took a bunch of cell phone pictures to try and show this but have majorly failed -- though this one comes the closest.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
@gruuvin, I checked the All Weather OEM Floor Mats, they look great! the only problem is that that they don't provide protection to the dead petal. I do agree with you that this option is the best "bang-for-my-buck" and one to be considered very seriously, thanks!
I have the OEM all weather mats and they are great. I don't think there are many mats that cover the dead pedal. I got the OEM aluminum pedal covers which include a cover for the dead pedal. Maybe you should get some pedal covers.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Rdrokit, Thanks! OEM Aluminum Pedal Covers for the brake, gas and dead pedal shall be on my mod list now :)
@Road Trip, What a magnificent view! And I can clearly see what you meant regarding the glittering, I can't wait to receive and install mine :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts