2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before jumping on the CarPlay, I'd like to know what the other new features are, what might be fixed, and what might break (further).

Here's a thread about broken USB playback for USB Drives > 32GB. Discussion of that there, please, but anything else broken?

Anyone see any release notes?

Other experiences after upgrading?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had a new CMU installed on warranty, which was upgraded from v59 to v70.00.100. It's as slow as v55, and Pandora works better, but now my ipod takes 5 steps (instead of 3) to start. I still need the ipod because my phone doesn't always connect for music, and sometimes my ipod still doesn't connect. I still end up listening to the radio sometimes. I don't use a USB stick or any other apps, and I haven't installed the Carplay hardware, so I can't comment on those.
Overall, I'd say v70 is a little better for the way I use it, even without Carplay. YMMV.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a new CMU installed on warranty, which was upgraded from v59 to v70.00.100. It's as slow as v55, and Pandora works better, but now my ipod takes 5 steps (instead of 3) to start. I still need the ipod because my phone doesn't always connect for music, and sometimes my ipod still doesn't connect. I still end up listening to the radio sometimes. I don't use a USB stick or any other apps, and I haven't installed the Carplay hardware, so I can't comment on those.
Overall, I'd say v70 is a little better for the way I use it, even without Carplay. YMMV.
Thanks. It's funny you make the last statement since the first part seems to amount to: iPod is more annoying, Pandora works better. :) What else is better, then? I don't use Pandora, gave up on using iPod Classic USB but would like to be able to, and use a 64GB USB drive for music which has been supremely annoying on 59.xx – shitty shuffle, no shuffle-by-album.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thanks. It's funny you make the last statement since the first part seems to amount to: iPod is more annoying, Pandora works better. :) What else is better, then? I don't use Pandora, gave up on using iPod Classic USB but would like to be able to, and use a 64GB USB drive for music which has been supremely annoying on 59.xx – shitty shuffle, no shuffle-by-album.
The good part is that Pandora is often usable, which is what I prefer to use. The ipod is much more annoying, but overall I think the new system is more stable. Maybe I have just have low expectations now, and haven't transferred my earlier annoyance to the new version.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I noticed that upon disconnecting the phone from the cable the Infotainment doesn't jump back to the previously used choice of music like USB / Bluetooth / DAB but always to the default FM frequency. Which is pretty annoying if you don't have a station sending on that.
Other than that nothing really.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I noticed that upon disconnecting the phone from the cable the Infotainment doesn't jump back to the previously used choice of music like USB / Bluetooth / DAB but always to the default FM frequency. Which is pretty annoying if you don't have a station sending on that.
Other than that nothing really.
Thanks. So if you're playing music from USB drive (and not from phone), when you disconnect the phone from charger cable, it still switches to FM? That's a pretty big annoyance! What FW are you on?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks. So if you're playing music from USB drive (and not from phone), when you disconnect the phone from charger cable, it still switches to FM? That's a pretty big annoyance! What FW are you on?
I didn't try disconnecting a USB Stick but disconnecting from Android Auto. Since this is a USB-Connection I think it applies to sticks as well. I'm on the Very First v70 that rolled out with the AA/CP Kits, don't know the last number atm, sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got the latest version installed in my 2016 M3. When I turn off my car and unplug my phone, the next time I turn my car on, if the phone isnt plugged into the USB, it defaults back to FM. So I think it applies to anything using the USB slot. Or any connection that gets disconnected. Id be curious if it happens with bluetooth devices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts