2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

The other day I ran into a man in a parking lot driving a 2009 Mazdaspeed 3. I stopped and commented on his car and one thing led to another......... I turns out that his wife had just had total hip replacement surgery on her left side and was unable to work the clutch anymore. We started talking and I jokingly said that I would trade him cars. At first he laughed because he though I was driving the POS Camry beside my 2010 Mz3 Black Hatch. When I informed him that I was driving the three he started talking very seriously about possibly trading straight acrossed.
:001_unsure::001_unsure::001_unsure::001_unsure:

I would like some advice on how to procede.

His=
2009 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Red
21k BONE STOCK.
He is an older man (60's-70's) so I want to say that it is safe to assume that he took good care of it and didn't beat the :shit: out of it.

Mine=
2010 Mazda 3s Hatch
Black
13k with a SRI
Auto
I like to drive spiritedly every now and again but I don't beat the :shit: out of it by any means.

Both are pretty much flawless on the outside with a 1 or 2 dings that aren't too terribly noticiable.

Any advice on what to do would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think it's pretty simple... If you both want to trade it straight up then go to the DMV and do it...

You get more HP (and an extra 8k miles), he gets more comfort and an ATX...

·
Nose in the corner
201 Posts
You can do it!

·
That Guy From That Place
89 Posts
are both cars paid off? wouldnt that be an issue with the banks....if not hell go for it

·
Nose in the corner
201 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Seems good to me. Pull the sri off before the trade tho!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts