2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The infotainment system on my 2015 started randomly changing radio stations, bumping ipod tunes and even randomly calling people. The dealer replaced the CMU under warranty, but that didn't fix the problem, and the ipod no longer started without bumping to the second tune or saving the shuffle setting, which is annoying.

On the second try, the dealer updated to from 59.00.546 to 70.00.100, but that didn't fix the ipod problem, and I'm not sure it fixed the random problem. The dealer tells me the change the way the ipod starts is caused by the newer software that doesn't support automatic starting or saving the shuffle setting. Apparently, Mazda didn't believe the system was distracting enough as it was originally configured.

I'm pretty sure the random problem is in the touchscreen, not the CMU, but it never happens when the car is in the shop.

The dealer won't put Carplay into it, or revert to an earlier version, and I'm pretty sure he's bullshitting about the ipod issue. I think he's just gonna run out the clock on my warranty.

Does anyone know how 59 and higher works with an ipod?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I am dealig with this same issue. Dealer playing games.

Show them the TSB. The root of the problem is a hardware issue not a software issue. It is also a manufacturing defect as stated in the TSB. Call Mazda corporate and point these things out and start raising hell.

One tip Infound out. See if your touch screen works properly when touched. I use the knov all the time but when I tried touching the screen Infound the center doesn't work. This really helped push my issue along.

That is what I am doing. If all fails I found out you can file against Mazda in small claims court and they have to respond. That is my next course of action but I don't think it will come to that.

Mazda customer service is garbage. They treat the cuatomer as if wr are trying to steal money from their pocket when we just want a car that functions as intended.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally got the dealer to replace the touch screen. On the third visit, they finally gave it to a tech who knew how to get to the diagnostics that are embedded somewhere in the system. I would have been happier if they had done that the first time I brought it in, bit at least that's fixed.

The ipod start up issue wasn't corrected. They told me that the new firmware doesn't supprt that feature, meaning it's not a 3 step process to start an ipod. I think they are bullshitting me.

On the plus side, they gave me a new CMU with 70.00.100 installed, so I think I can get Carplay just by adding the new USB hub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts