2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under the rear of the car there are two round welded steel wires that form loops. These could be used to rescue and recover the car from an accident or such but do they serve another purpose?

·
Registered
199 Posts
From the manual:

"The rear tiedown hook is designed
only for lashing the vehicle during
overseas transport. Do not use the
rear tiedown hook for any other use
such as transporting the vehicle on
trucks or railway"

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
lol used those to tow a te72 corolla last week lmao

·
Registered
199 Posts
lol used those to tow a te72 corolla last week lmao
lol, how did it go? The manual has a big warning about not towing anything.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
lol, how did it go? The manual has a big warning about not towing anything.
everything was fine, then again the corolla is light tho, roughly 2000lbs and striped interior

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
lol nah, its my friend's, we gonna build a drift car

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was figuring that it was to transport the car but wanted to make sure. We could use those for other purpose though. Installing a wheelie bar? :yes:

A rear mounted winch! ... I used to own a Jeep wrangler. I miss that gas guzzling brick shaped thing.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
@MrSoozy now youre talking my language! What motor is going in that te72? I just sold a smallport 4ag head and a 7 rib block a couple weeks ago to some guy with a Tercel race car lol

I havent pulled anything with my 3 but I used to pull all kinds of stuff with my Corolla. I once pulled a lifted Ford Bronco with it :vtec228 1:

Also those hooks are what the tow truck guy will use if you ever get towed. He's not gonna use the ones in the spare tire area that screw into the bumper. Those are provided for pretty much no reason

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
@MrSoozy now youre talking my language! What motor is going in that te72? I just sold a smallport 4ag head and a 7 rib block a couple weeks ago to some guy with a Tercel race car lol

I havent pulled anything with my 3 but I used to pull all kinds of stuff with my Corolla. I once pulled a lifted Ford Bronco with it :vtec228 1:

Also those hooks are what the tow truck guy will use if you ever get towed. He's not gonna use the ones in the spare tire area that screw into the bumper. Those are provided for pretty much no reason
hes probably just gonna spray it for now, but he is a bit biopolar so anything could happen lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts