2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I recently bought Eibach's springs, but I have not installed it yet.

I looking a STB and RSB. Is for daily use and one autocross date per month.

STB: Tanabe, CS, Ultra Racing and more.

What about this: Mazda3 Tower Strut Bar Engine Bay Fits 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Mazda 3 Axela | eBay

https://www.amazon.com/ULTRA-RACING-2-Point-Mazda3-TW2-2510/dp/B01E6P7TRG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485971019&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=mazda+3+2014+strut+tower+bar

And RSB: JBR, CS, Racing Beat and more.

Thanks.

Greetings from Lima, Perú.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm very happy with my Tanabe STB & Progress RSB. There are a lot of great choices out there & they will all work. I'd say pick the ones you can get at a reasonable price to Peru & go for it!

·
Registered
879 Posts
I bought that ebay one, but I bought it direct from the guys website. its a little cheaper there, and I went with the painted black option.
it takes a while but I am not in a hurry. if you want to wait for me to fit mine I should have it next week.

Thespeedline.com is the website. I am sure you know but adding too much stuff can put your car into a different class.
when I did autocross a few times the lady asked what mods I had (88 RX7) and she said I would be in the the low end corvettes.
good thing I was a noob so I went into the noob class.

·
Super Moderator
5,182 Posts
Hi. I recently bought Eibach's springs, but I have not installed it yet.

I looking a STB and RSB. Is for daily use and one autocross date per month.

STB: Tanabe, CS, Ultra Racing and more.

What about this: Mazda3 Tower Strut Bar Engine Bay Fits 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Mazda 3 Axela | eBay

https://www.amazon.com/ULTRA-RACING-2-Point-Mazda3-TW2-2510/dp/B01E6P7TRG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485971019&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=mazda+3+2014+strut+tower+bar

And RSB: JBR, CS, Racing Beat and more.

Thanks.

Greetings from Lima, Perú.
Any of the swaybars will work. If you look at the top of this subforum there is a sticky with a bunch of information, including the spring rates of a number of different bars. Read up on it and decide just how much you want to increase the roll stiffness.
As to the STB, any will work. The one piece models work better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got the Corksport Rear sway bar on the soft setting with Eibach springs as well. Its Really a big difference, I love how my car handles now.
As for the Strut bar, I got the Ultra Racing One on amazon. Simply because of price and it was a one piece design. I bought it a few weeks ago when they were going for $90 and free shipping. I believe there was only two left at the time. Shipping was stated to take a month but it got here in about a week!
Only feel a minor difference with the handling.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone! Ok, about the RSB, i'm between Progress or JBR. Endlinks it is necessary?

About the STB, i'm going for the AutoX replica in Ebay.

Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have Moog endlinks (from Rockauto) paired with a Progress RSB & Ultra Racing STB (perfect combo imo). I'm lowered on Racing Beat springs and the road feel is increased but not harsh. The OEM endlinks are weak and if you plan on any spirited driving, they will be the weakest link (pun fully intended). It can be frustrating to torque he endlinks down or to remove the stock endlinks, so be sure to use a friend and some narrow pliers, and be sure to soak all bolts in penetrating fluid (trail and error on my part)

Thanks to everyone! Ok, about the RSB, i'm between Progress or JBR. Endlinks it is necessary?

About the STB, i'm going for the AutoX replica in Ebay.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,182 Posts

Thanks!
Endlinks? Yes, especially if you are lowering the car you should use adjustable endlinks to keep proper positioning of the bar. Stronger endlinks are also a good idea because the stock parts are not really up to the task of handling the higher spring rates of a larger bar.

These work and are quite a bit heavier than stock:
Adjustable Sway Bar Links for Mazda 3 BK 2004 2009 | eBay

Get whatever bar you like. They are mostly the same, just a rate difference that you probably won't really notice a whole lot.

·
Registered
502 Posts
hard race endlinks, ultraracing STB and JBR RSB here..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all for the answers!
Endlinks? Yes, especially if you are lowering the car you should use adjustable endlinks to keep proper positioning of the bar. Stronger endlinks are also a good idea because the stock parts are not really up to the task of handling the higher spring rates of a larger bar.

Get whatever bar you like. They are mostly the same, just a rate difference that you probably won't really notice a whole lot.
Ok, sorry for the ignorance. But what happen if i don't upgrade the endlinks? The Eibach springs lowered just 1.3 inches in the rear.

I decided go for the Progress RSB. Wich Endlinks (apart of the ebay) are trustworthy? Moog? Hardrace? Is just 2 endlinks for the rear, right?

Thanks and sorry for my english!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've had the Progress RSB for 2 years & haven't changed the endlinks. No problems so far, even after adding Racing Beat springs & Koni FSD's.

·
Super Moderator
5,182 Posts

Ok, sorry for the ignorance. But what happen if i don't upgrade the endlinks? The Eibach springs lowered just 1.3 inches in the rear.

I decided go for the Progress RSB. Wich Endlinks (apart of the ebay) are trustworthy? Moog? Hardrace? Is just 2 endlinks for the rear, right?

The factory links are somewhat weak. The much higher spring rates of aftermarket bars (~340 lbs vs 700+ lbs) can damage the joints which apparently are held together by those orange plastic tabs.
If you lower the car and don't use adjustable links, there can be a couple issues. The swaybar will be angled upward too much, and the ends can hit the floorpan if you hit a large bump. This was actually a problem with my car (lowered 45mm in the rear) before the adjustable links were installed. If the angle of the bar relative to the motion of the rest of the suspension is wrong, you won't get optimum effect. The bar should be as close to horizontal as possible. You can see that in the picture above.

Here is a graphic from Hardrace showing the problem:

Use whatever endlinks you like. The ebay ones are plenty strong and not expensive though. Yes, it is just 2 endlinks for the rear bar.

·
Registered
25 Posts

If you stick with the stock endlinks, you will only be able to use the softer setting on the rear sway bar. That's if you have lowering springs installed.
To use the stiffer setting you need to be on stock springs (stock ride height) or install adjustable rear endlinks when you are lowered.

Read post 17-
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2016-mazda-3-skyactiv-suspension-handling/89522-corksport-rear-swaybar-problem-2.html

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

The factory links are somewhat weak. The much higher spring rates of aftermarket bars (~340 lbs vs 700+ lbs) can damage the joints which apparently are held together by those orange plastic tabs.
If you lower the car and don't use adjustable links, there can be a couple issues. The swaybar will be angled upward too much, and the ends can hit the floorpan if you hit a large bump. This was actually a problem with my car (lowered 45mm in the rear) before the adjustable links were installed. If the angle of the bar relative to the motion of the rest of the suspension is wrong, you won't get optimum effect. The bar should be as close to horizontal as possible. You can see that in the picture above.

Here is a graphic from Hardrace showing the problem:

Use whatever endlinks you like. The ebay ones are plenty strong and not expensive though. Yes, it is just 2 endlinks for the rear bar.
Ok, i got it! I'm trying to buy the RSB in the Progress website, but in the last step i dont know what happen.

This is the same for the 2015, right?

https://www.carid.com/progress-group/rear-anti-sway-bar-mpn-62-1127.html?singleid=59336219&url=6827240

About the endlinks, are you sure the Ebay endlinks (ADJUSTABLE SWAY BAR LINKS FOR MAZDA 3 BK 2004-2009 | eBay) are for the 2015? The announcement says they are for the 2004-2009 and for the Front Sway bar.

Thanks again to all!

·
Super Moderator
5,182 Posts
Ok, i got it! I'm trying to buy the RSB in the Progress website, but in the last step i dont know what happen.

This is the same for the 2015, right?

https://www.carid.com/progress-group/rear-anti-sway-bar-mpn-62-1127.html?singleid=59336219&url=6827240

About the endlinks, are you sure the Ebay endlinks (ADJUSTABLE SWAY BAR LINKS FOR MAZDA 3 BK 2004-2009 | eBay) are for the 2015? The announcement says they are for the 2004-2009 and for the Front Sway bar.

Thanks again to all!
RSB is the same for all 3rd generation cars. I think that website may not be up to date.

The description for the endlinks says for 2004-2009 but as you can see in the picture they do fit my 2016. Those have a huge range of adjustment with three different length adjusters. As such, they will fit many different cars. I have these on both the front and rear sway bars.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RSB is the same for all 3rd generation cars. I think that website may not be up to date.

The description for the endlinks says for 2004-2009 but as you can see in the picture they do fit my 2016. Those have a huge range of adjustment with three different length adjusters. As such, they will fit many different cars. I have these on both the front and rear sway bars.
Perfect!

One last question (i hope so :D)

What about this websites? They are trustworthy?

Progress Technology Anti-Sway Bar - Rear, Mazda Mazda3 14-15 (22mm-adj) - Part Number: 62.1127 - Sparktec Motorsports - Anti-Sway Bars

https://www.tunersports.com/progress-technology-anti-roll-bars-62-1127_p52675.html

Thanks!

Greetings from Perú!

·
Super Moderator
5,182 Posts

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Tanabe says that they can not confirm their strut tower brace, # TTB137F, will fit a 2017 -- in fact their web site says only through 2014. I realize their are other brand options, but the Tanabe is the one I will get if it will fit a 2017.

Anyone install the Tanabe STB on a 2017 (or even a '15 or a '16) please, and/or others who know the suspension details about the 2014+ 3's, is anyone "more than pretty sure" it will fit a 2017? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,182 Posts
I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of the information requested but, hypothetically, if such data were to exist, the subject matter would indicate that is does indeed fit....:laugh2:

I do have a Tanabe bar on my 2016, it fits fine as I am sure it will on the 2017.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts