2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Mahzda Fam,

What should my next mod be? I have some idea, but from what I have already what is the next step?

Here is my current mod list:
(Shameless plug haha)

Also how do I fix my bumper..? I scratched it going into a drainage ditch too fast and scraped it :(.

Thanks,
-G

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Like the progress you have made to date, for what is most important is you are making your individualized car. As you move forward, suggest you care less what others think, always approaching your upcoming mods within two parameters, "what would next make me happy," and "can I now afford that mod?"

Often when I have wanted to do something real bad but did not then have the money (as I only buy mods that which I have already saved for), and when that happens I "temporary skip" my most-desired next mod, and do a # 2, or # 3 that is much less expensive that I can afford to pay cash for right now - wait for the tax refund or whatever to buy the more expensive mod.

Not to sidetrack your thread, but for all, in the future the best way to avoid damage to the front of our cars when minimal clearance, is to approach that sharp dip or rise at a 45 degree angle and go slowly. My clearance on my Vette, which is lowered which has with the large front splitter which sticks out forward from the front of the car (making it "double worse"), is around 4", and "45'ing" is my best friend!

Of course, another protection measure is to always plan ahead, scouting for whenever a place has two entrances or exits, "I will choose which one is less steep."

And now back to your upcoming mods.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great video. Since you are blacking out the chrome trim you can black out the chrome trim on the bottom of the windows. Also do your rims black.
I was looking into that. I like the gloss look so I may end up buying OEM ones for the trim also.

If I liked black rims I would totally do that in a heart beat! haha but silver rims in the future!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, if he turn the car into a ricer :laugh2:
Lol you never know.... make a functioning turbo kit and good down pipe and I am on my way!!!

Rear sway bar upgrade. Improved handling at speed might keep you out of drainage ditches.:wink:
Or impair performance depending on choice.
Was looking into that. How stiff does it make it? I know it will make the rear wheels not as independent. Will it also make the ride pretty stiff all the time also? its my daily and rough ride is a no no.

Easy new tires and wheels, it will give you real performance unlike SRI.
Yeah for sure. I am waiting on these sets of crappy dunlops to get to the end of there lives and both are getting bought and put on immediately!
Just to save money cuz I am cheap and dont like to waste things haha.

Like the progress you have made to date, for what is most important is you are making your individualized car. As you move forward, suggest you care less what others think, always approaching your upcoming mods within two parameters, "what would next make me happy," and "can I now afford that mod?"

Often when I have wanted to do something real bad but did not then have the money (as I only buy mods that which I have already saved for), and when that happens I "temporary skip" my most-desired next mod, and do a # 2, or # 3 that is much less expensive that I can afford to pay cash for right now - wait for the tax refund or whatever to buy the more expensive mod.

Not to sidetrack your thread, but for all, in the future the best way to avoid damage to the front of our cars when minimal clearance, is to approach that sharp dip or rise at a 45 degree angle and go slowly. My clearance on my Vette, which is lowered which has with the large front splitter which sticks out forward from the front of the car (making it "double worse"), is around 4", and "45'ing" is my best friend!

Of course, another protection measure is to always plan ahead, scouting for whenever a place has two entrances or exits, "I will choose which one is less steep."

And now back to your upcoming mods.
Happiness is key! :) thats why the Borla went on so quick. And yes afford is important because no money will make me sad :(
I angle by car all the time! like more than 45 sometimes haha just to be on the safe side. And hopefully my suspension loves me because I slow down for ditches and dips like no other.

Thanks all for the lovely feedback!

Reactions: Stewie

·
Super Moderator
6,386 Posts
Was looking into that. How stiff does it make it? I know it will make the rear wheels not as independent. Will it also make the ride pretty stiff all the time also? its my daily and rough ride is a no no.

A stiffer bar won't be a huge change in how the car feels in normal driving situations . The car will ride nearly the same, but body roll will be noticeably less. The rear wheels will still be independent, that won't change. What will change is how the car handles. A larger rear bar means less push in the corners, so the car will understeer a lot less. Less understeer means more front grip, so the car will be faster and more stable in the corners.:smile2:

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
A stiffer bar won't be a huge change in how the car feels in normal driving situations . The car will ride nearly the same, but body roll will be noticeably less. The rear wheels will still be independent, that won't change. What will change is how the car handles. A larger rear bar means less push in the corners, so the car will understeer a lot less. Less understeer means more front grip, so the car will be faster and more stable in the corners.:smile2:
One very nice explanation of how and why the larger/stiffer RSB works. [email protected]!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Back to the same :p :p

If he does decide to take it drifting then that would be counter-intuitive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts