2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2014 Mazda 3 2.0 SE-L (EU Model), on top of my dashboard on the passenger side there is a sensor that looks like it has a cover/lens missing. I can't find any reference to it in the manual or online. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction as I'm keen to get a replacement lens/cover for it but have no idea what to look for.

Image provided.

Many Thanks in advance..

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Could be a sun sensor for the climate control aircon?

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
Solar radiation sensor that works in conjunction with the full-automatic climate control systems in some cars. It senses the amount of thermal energy that is being absorbed from the sun (think green house) so the HVAC system can compensate.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,442 Posts

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2014 Mazda 3 2.0 SE-L (EU Model), on top of my dashboard on the passenger side there is a sensor that looks like it has a cover/lens missing. I can't find any reference to it in the manual or online. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction as I'm keen to get a replacement lens/cover for it but have no idea what to look for.

Image provided.

Many Thanks in advance..
Auto - Headlight sensor

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there Ben

did you ever get this resolved? If so what did you do? This happened to r at the weekend on my cx5

Hi,

Image provided.

Many Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Its in the manual. Its the light sensor for switching on/off the auto lights. The manual says not to cover it, for obvious reasons.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts