2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read one post where someone said that the ventilated parts of the sGT seats almond seats are not leather. What parts are? There's a definite leather smell to the interior.

If it isn't leather, I'd rather use my Tonno Tonic (get it online) that I discovered from the Tonno on my Tacoma. It's not greasy, but neither is the Meguiars stuff either. Had used Armor All for nearly 25 years on our 240D Benz. Still use it on the tires and door seals because I found it actually will "fix" rubber/plastic doors seals that hadn't been treated. The Benz at 26 years age had like new leatherette seats and interior. Armor All is a bit greasy and turns a pseudo green color if not retreated within 2 or 3 weeks.

On a VW Cabrio and on my leather recliner chair, the leather went kaphooie from my body oils (go naked in the house and wear shorts almost all the time outside). Replaced the driver's seat on the Cabrio with leatherette.

Now have full leather seats and door liners on our 2013 Miata GT with Premium Package. Got some Meguiars wipes and Lexol spray for them.

Ralph

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
I just use the Meguiars wipes on my sGT. I wipe it on thick, let it set for 10 or 15 minutes, and wipe the excess with a terry cloth (well-used with no lint fibers). 20k miles later, the leather looks brand new.

As for your actual question, I have no idea if the ventilated parts are leather or not. They sure feel and look leather to me (but I have the black interior), but I do use the wipes on anything that appears leather in the interior and so far so good for me.

·
Working Class Hero
3,567 Posts
The ventilated portions are leather.

An old test for genuine leather is to squeeze the hide. If it show wrinkles, it's leather. If it just folds up, it's not.

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've the Meguiar's wipes for the completely all leather seats in our Miata GT.

Guess I'll have to do that fold test on the parts of the 3 sGT's seats to figure out whether to continue to use the multi plastic/leather stuff on them or go to the Meguiar's wipes and maybe Lexol. The old standby was Lexol, but it never seemed to help my VW Cabrio seats. They seemed to be very thin leather, particularly on the door panels. The leather pulled away at the trim around the windows. Pissed me off.

Ralph

·
Working Class Hero
3,567 Posts
I've got some stuff from Chemical Guys I want to try come spring. Right now it would freeze to the seats.

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts