2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have recently bought a Mazda 3 2016 hatchback and I was wondering what offset for a new set of rims would work best for my car. I've been looking at 50mm offset rims (which seem to be very rare, online atleast). If anyone else with a new Mazda 3 hatchback has recently bough rims what offset size did you go with, and has that worked out well for you?

·
Registered
367 Posts
It will depend a lot on what width rim you`re using. A 7.5" rim with a 50mm offset will look pretty close to stock. A 9" wide rim at 50mm will most likely rub the shock/strut, but the same rim with a 40mm offset might look fantastic and fit well. I ran 18x8.5 with a 45mm offset on my `16 hatch and they fit without a single issue, even after I put coilovers on it and slammed it super low (just did that for a day as I`m not really into the lowrider thing). The smaller the offset, the more the edge of the wheel moves outward, and gets more concave (deep concave wheels are very much the "in" thing. I do think they look great, but they also need to fit properly). You could conceivably run an 8.5" wide wheel with a 40mm offset and a 235/40 tire and have zero issues with great fitment. 50mm wheels are going to tuck more into the wheel well, and you`ll need to consider rubbing on the suspension if you go too wide.

There is a stickied "official wheel and tire thread" in the wheels and tires forum. Tons of pictures on there, and most everyone has listed their wheels specs. You`ll also get to see different wheels with different degrees of lowering. If you don`t lower the car you could pretty much run whatever you want, but the end result look may not be something you like.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a stickied "official wheel and tire thread" in the wheels and tires forum. Tons of pictures on there, and most everyone has listed their wheels specs. You`ll also get to see different wheels with different degrees of lowering. If you don`t lower the car you could pretty much run whatever you want, but the end result look may not be something you like.
As a person who searched back and forth though that thread - you just summed everything important into one single post. :grin2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts