2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Mazda3 with the 2.5 6 speed is having weird vibrations in the front at 70 mph. I had the tires balanced but maybe I through a weight? The rear bearings are bad for sure so Im wondering if the fronts are bad already too? Has 103k miles. Seems early to me for front bearings to go out but Im use to my Toyota ones that went 250k before changing them. Can we buy steering knuckles with new bearings already installed for an easy swap?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think you’re in the wrong section.

But I have a 2011 Mazda 3 with 143k miles and I have all originally wheel bearing EXCEPT for the passenger front cause in Jan 2017 with ~ 80k miles I went over a huge speed bump going 40-45 mph and didn’t see it cause it was pitch black out. Started to hear a faint “ whining “ sound that gets louder as my speed goes up. Had to go to 3 different shops to finally figure out it was my wheel bearing.

Hope this helps!

·
Super Moderator
620 Posts
My 2011 Mazda3 with the 2.5 6 speed is having weird vibrations in the front at 70 mph. I had the tires balanced but maybe I through a weight? The rear bearings are bad for sure so Im wondering if the fronts are bad already too? Has 103k miles. Seems early to me for front bearings to go out but Im use to my Toyota ones that went 250k before changing them. Can we buy steering knuckles with new bearings already installed for an easy swap?
Wrong section buddy!

(Moved to correct sub-forum)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you’re in the wrong section.

But I have a 2011 Mazda 3 with 143k miles and I have all originally wheel bearing EXCEPT for the passenger front cause in Jan 2017 with ~ 80k miles I went over a huge speed bump going 40-45 mph and didn’t see it cause it was pitch black out. Started to hear a faint “ whining “ sound that gets louder as my speed goes up. Had to go to 3 different shops to finally figure out it was my wheel bearing.

Hope this helps!
Thanks so much for your reply! ( A real reply)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts