2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1121 - 1140 of 1165 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought basically the same 2 weeks ago except with 30k miles for $16k in the Bay Area, CA. Overall pretty darn satisfied with the car and price. Also got 6 years/75k mile additional bumper to bumper warranty for $2.5k that I feel pretty good about.
Great deal. Makes me feel a bit better about mine too. I had no bargaining room on the car (and nothing of value for a trade), but I did talk them down to $2K on the 7yr/84K all-inclusive warranty. Figured with all the electronic doodads I might have to lean on that at some point.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, all. I just picked up my '15 M3 S GT (6MT) for $16.5K. After taxes, a lifetime bumper2bumper dealership warranty, corrosion protection, and paint sealant, the total was about $20K. I think I got a decent deal especially if I plan to keep the car forever. :)

·
'18 M3HGTP Eternal Blue
77 Posts
April 2018 in Atlanta, I've been shopping for a M3 GT Hatch (6MT) and gotten several quotes around $22,800 + TTL. My total OTD is $24,400, managed to get them to include only the all weather floor and cargo mats (even that was a hard sale, but I had a better offer for a color I didn't like as leverage).

I'm *certain* there's a few hundred left for the truly excellent negotiators.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oxmoor Mazda In Louisville Ky gives you a small tube of KY jelly before and after they sell you a car.
Unfortunately they keep it in the fridge before they give it to you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
LOL at the comment, but sorry you got screwed. At least you got the right car that (I assume) matches you and will last you a while.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Traded in my 2016 Sport Touring for a 2018 Grand Touring Mazda 3 HB and kept my monthly payment the same with a 0.9% APR.

My insurance went up $26 a mos., but that was to be expected since it was a newer car.

I couldn't resist.
CK

·
Registered
60 Posts
Live in Missouri
Oh, okay. I live in Southern California and I have an eternal blue mica 2017 mazda 3 hatchback auto (sport), which is my first car so I didn't get the 0% apr and stuff. I'm happy with it, but I do wish it had a bit more power and some of the extra options on the higher trims.

So I've thinking about either trading it in or selling it myself and get a 2018 hatchback but with a 2.5 and manual trans. Not sure if I'd take too big of a loss on it though, any thoughts from you or anyone else?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh, okay. I live in Southern California and I have an eternal blue mica 2017 mazda 3 hatchback auto (sport), which is my first car so I didn't get the 0% apr and stuff. I'm happy with it, but I do wish it had a bit more power and some of the extra options on the higher trims.

So I've thinking about either trading it in or selling it myself and get a 2018 hatchback but with a 2.5 and manual trans. Not sure if I'd take too big of a loss on it though, any thoughts from you or anyone else?
Damn the loss. DO ITTTT!! Get the GT (without any addons) You might even be lucky to find a new 2017 just sitting on a dealer lot they are desperate to get rid of since you want a manual. You won't regret it, I promise. >:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Damn the loss. DO ITTTT!! Get the GT (without any addons) You might even be lucky to find a new 2017 just sitting on a dealer lot they are desperate to get rid of since you want a manual. You won't regret it, I promise. >:)
I'm heavily considering it haha, especially since they might have some labor day deals too. Yeah I don't really care if it's a 2017 or 2018 but hopefully I can find the same color

·
Registered
31 Posts

Have you thought about getting it tuned or doing some other mods? Its fun to have a nice new car but you're probably going to lose a bunch of $$ due to depreciation, the autos depreciate quicker than manuals (which is why I went new instead of used since used manual 3 hatch are quite a bit more expensive than auto and almost as much as new).

I do absolutely love this car though, look for every chance I have to drive it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have you thought about getting it tuned or doing some other mods? Its fun to have a nice new car but you're probably going to lose a bunch of $$ due to depreciation, the autos depreciate quicker than manuals (which is why I went new instead of used since used manual 3 hatch are quite a bit more expensive than auto and almost as much as new).

I do absolutely love this car though, look for every chance I have to drive it.
Yeah, I've looked into it a little but I would have to wait until the warranty expired until I tuned it. Regarding mods, I've already bought a Borla Exhaust, H&R Springs, the ebay endlinks everyone recommends, and a rear wing diffuser. But I've been waiting to put them on because I've been buying the right tools to install them and save up some money for the paint. But those could all be put on the new car If I do end up getting it

That sucks, wasn't aware that autos depreciated quicker

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hence why you need to trade sooner rather than later. If you wait and the new Mazda skyactiveX is released, it will depreciate further. Also why put hard work and more money into modding a car you are not certain you will keep?

1121 - 1140 of 1165 Posts