2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1165 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was thinking of getting a dark interior because the pictures of the light interiors on the net look very light, but then again the black interiors look more grey in the pictures then black. Today I got a brochure and based on those pictures I am now thinking I want the sand interior.
The light interior is like a cream color, not white but pretty close (like the interior of an almond, thus the name)

I'm talking to a dealership about a "S deal", I've never heard of anything like that before... Anybody care to explain?
*S-Plan price is equal to the total dealer invoice price including freight and any voluntary advertising assessments and state-regulated fees. The amount is printed in the lower left corner of the factory invoice as "SPLAN."
*S-Plan prices are non-negotiable.
*The following rebates and incentives should be deducted from the base S-Plan price. All applicable incentives convert to Customer Cash and must be treated accordingly.
-All Customer Cash retail incentives.
-All Dealer Cash incentives.
-Top-level dealer engagement or stair-step programs unless noted in program rules.
-Miscellaneous rebates such as college grad or financing cash may apply as long as the specific rules and conditions are met.
*Dealers may charge reasonable and customary documentation fees. Please be advised that with each Mazda dealership being an independently owned and operated franchise, a documentation fee may also be added to the final price of the vehicle.
*S-Plan price does not include dealer-installed options, accessories, extended service contracts and other items or services. These items need to be negotiated separately between the dealership and customer.
*S-Plan price does not include tax, title, license and required state motor vehicle fees.
*Trade-in, financing, and insurance are not covered by the S-Plan Purchase Program and must be negotiated between the dealership and customer.
*Dealers may require a deposit when placing a vehicle order. The dealership may retain some or all of this deposit if the customer cancels the order. A written agreement should be signed by both the dealer and customer stating the terms and conditions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I'm talking to a dealership about a "S deal", I've never heard of anything like that before... Anybody care to explain?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
When I saw the first post about S plan I did a google sarch. Seems like this is there employee purchase plan. Here are the elibility rules S-PLAN Employee Purchase Program

Basically you have to be an employee or know someone who is willing to sponsor you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The light interior is like a cream color, not white but pretty close (like the interior of an almond, thus the name)
QUOTE]

Actually I am getting a i touring so the cloth color is called Sand and it's darker then the almond color that the leather comes in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Had an offer for 1k off

Had a dealer offer me the the trim and options I am looking for for 1k under MSRP. Only problem was the car was black which won't work for me. Black in TX seems like a bad idea plus it shows all the dirt and I don't clean my car often enough for that. Could have also gotten a red for 1k under msrp. I would be okay with red but not willing to pay an extra 300.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Just put a deposit down on a MZ3 S GT in Titanium Flash, dealer offered $25,790 for the GT w/o the tech package and gave me $9,500 for my 2010 MZ3 S Touring HB.

Reactions: LouieVbbp

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oops, double checked and it was $26,002 for the white sGT hatch. The $25,900 was for the silver sGT sedan that I inquired about.
Straight up purchase, no trade, no owner loyalty/military, no s-plan, and no crazy doc fees? In that case that's $1500 below retail and about $500 below invoice and is a great deal.

Surprised they are willing to go below invoice already with no rebates on a car that's only been out one month.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Straight up purchase, no trade, no owner loyalty/military, no s-plan, and no crazy doc fees? In that case that's $1500 below retail and about $500 below invoice and is a great deal.

Surprised they are willing to go below invoice already with no rebates on a car that's only been out one month.
What's s-plan? This is my first Mazda. I traded in my 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT hatch for $8.5k and this dealer actually price matched what Carmax would have given me for this car. The first dealer I went to offered me $2k less that's why I didn't make the purchase last week. I think invoice for this car is $26,302 according to KBB so only $300 below invoice I think? I'm not too sure how invoice works. There was a $80 documentation fee, which I asked but they could not waive it.

I was actually quoted $26,302 for the car when they gave me the quote via internet department. In the email they said yesterday was also the last day for some kind of car show discount that was going on which would knock off another $300 or something. When I got to the dealership they told me that the $26,302 already included that discount but when I showed them the email they talked it over with the head guy and then finally honored it and gave me the additional discount. They also threw in one complementary oil change plus another one, so two free oil changes.

Also, they gave me interest rate of 2.9% but when I was with the finance guy, I asked how I can get a lower interest rate. He offered me 1.49% if I buy the 5 year/forgot how many miles extended warranty for $900ish more. I ended up choosing the 7 year/100k warranty for a bit more. I'd rather pay the money towards warranty than interest.

Maybe it's better to deal at night, I was the only person left after all was done lol Oh and the guy told me that it's a myth about better to buy at the end of the month since they are checked quarterly or something.

·
Registered
84 Posts
What's s-plan? This is my first Mazda. I traded in my 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT hatch for $8.5k and this dealer actually price matched what Carmax would have given me for this car. The first dealer I went to offered me $2k less that's why I didn't make the purchase last week. I think invoice for this car is $26,302 according to KBB so only $300 below invoice I think? I'm not too sure how invoice works. There was a $80 documentation fee, which I asked but they could not waive it.

I was actually quoted $26,302 for the car when they gave me the quote via internet department. In the email they said yesterday was also the last day for some kind of car show discount that was going on which would knock off another $300 or something. When I got to the dealership they told me that the $26,302 already included that discount but when I showed them the email they talked it over with the head guy and then finally honored it and gave me the additional discount. They also threw in one complementary oil change plus another one, so two free oil changes.

Also, they gave me interest rate of 2.9% but when I was with the finance guy, I asked how I can get a lower interest rate. He offered me 1.49% if I buy the 5 year/forgot how many miles extended warranty for $900ish more. I ended up choosing the 7 year/100k warranty for a bit more. I'd rather pay the money towards warranty than interest.

Maybe it's better to deal at night, I was the only person left after all was done lol Oh and the guy told me that it's a myth about better to buy at the end of the month since they are checked quarterly or something.
S-Plan is supplier price. It's basically same as invoice. Sounds like you got a great deal since the price they gave you was a couple of hundred bucks below S-Plan price. Unless they are going to make good money off your trade, they are cutting pretty deep into the dealer hold-back to sell you the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Just got my 2014 mazda 3 i touring with technology package in Soul Red.

MSRP = 22790 , paid 21000 , which was $1290 off msrp plust $500 in owner loyalty. The invoice on the car is $21650. so the price was $150 under invoice or $650 under invoice including the owner loyalty

This was a cash deal without any trade in. There was a $125 document fee which seems typical in my area. I would have worked that down to $50 but had to push so hard for this deal I didn't have the heart to work it down another $75.

It was not easy getting that price, Got that price from a far away dealer, and the local dealer matched the price. I feel bad not doing business with the distant dealer but not bad enough to drive 3.5 hours each way.

I think in the end I was helped by the fact that not many people want an i touring with MT and technology package.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm extremely wary of a deal I'm supposedly getting on a 2014 5 door SGT tomorrow. They quoted me 25600 for a Soul Red Metallic with nothing but the SGT. This is without owner loyalty.

·
@Its_LouieV
119 Posts
Located in the Greater Chicagoland Area, got a 2014 Jet Black Mica with 15 miles on it
according to edmunds the invoice on said car is $26,726 - got it for $26,280 before the $500 loyalty...
had a $25 ERT fee, $164 Doc fee, and paid around $2,400 in taxes.
Also got free carwashes for life, 1 year of oil changes & fluids. 1 autoguard application, and protective wheel opening moldings.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Located in the Greater Chicagoland Area, got a 2014 Jet Black Mica with 15 miles on it
according to edmunds the invoice on said car is $26,726 - got it for $26,280 before the $500 loyalty...
had a $25 ERT fee, $164 Doc fee, and paid around $2,400 in taxes.
Also got free carwashes for life, 1 year of oil changes & fluids. 1 autoguard application, and protective wheel opening moldings.
Is this a 5-door sGT with tech package car? What was MSRP on it?

Given the deals some of you guys are getting on a straight-up purchase without the S-Plan and no rebates involved, I might scrap my custom ordered 3 and just go with a car off the lot.

·
@Its_LouieV
119 Posts
Is this a 5-door sGT with tech package car? What was MSRP on it?
Given the deals some of you guys are getting on a straight-up purchase without the S-Plan and no rebates involved, I might scrap my custom ordered 3 and just go with a car off the lot.

MSRP on the car was $27,345 + their VIP program (free car washes, oil changes, autoguard application, and wheel well moldings) which is "normally" $995.

It's a MZ3 5-door sGT No Tech Pack. Not bad considering the other 4 dealers that i went to weren't even considering anything lower then invoice, one was actually telling me that it was $3000 more then the msrp to accomidate market adjustments.

41 - 60 of 1165 Posts