2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1165 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Its a bit low. KBB puts its around 9k for trade in and NADA has it at about 9.5-10.5k for a trade-in. The price on the 2014 they quoted is pretty good (Is that including the 500 incentive for already owning a mazda?).

·
Registered
718 Posts
For my sGT, I paid $26,354 (s-plan, i.e. invoice) with bumper guards, sill plates, and wheel locks factory installed. -$500 for Mazda Loyalty -$17,500 on the trade in (which saved about $1700 in taxes) ~$10k @ 60 months/2.49%.
I assume that didn"t include the tech package, right? With the bumper guard, locks and sill trim the online MSRP I see is $27,570 minus the $500 loyalty = $27,070 so it looks like you were about $700 under that, is that right?

In California trade ins don't reduce the sales tax you pay, unfortunately.

I really want a 2014, but I think that until it's been out for about a year the prices aren't going be be very negotiable. And even then, if there is a good demand for the 3, the dealers aren't going to come down much on the prices and Mazda probably isn't going to give them incentives or dealer cash so they can do that. A good example is the CX5 that has been very popular and a good seller and is hard to find good prices on the newer ones, especially with the bigger engine now.

Of course, the longer I wait the more my 2012 GTS will depreciate, even though I got a super deal on it earlier this year... hard decision. :001_unsure:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Its a bit low. KBB puts its around 9k for trade in and NADA has it at about 9.5-10.5k for a trade-in. The price on the 2014 they quoted is pretty good (Is that including the 500 incentive for already owning a mazda?).
I do not believe it was included. But I can get S-Plan so the quite does not really mater to me as much as the trade-in does.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I assume that didn"t include the tech package, right? With the bumper guard, locks and sill trim the online MSRP I see is $27,570 minus the $500 loyalty = $27,070 so it looks like you were about $700 under that, is that right?

In California trade ins don't reduce the sales tax you pay, unfortunately.

I really want a 2014, but I think that until it's been out for about a year the prices aren't going be be very negotiable. And even then, if there is a good demand for the 3, the dealers aren't going to come down much on the prices and Mazda probably isn't going to give them incentives or dealer cash so they can do that. A good example is the CX5 that has been very popular and a good seller and is hard to find good prices on the newer ones, especially with the bigger engine now.

Of course, the longer I wait the more my 2012 GTS will depreciate, even though I got a super deal on it earlier this year... hard decision. :001_unsure:
I paid $26354 (w/o tech), then got the $500 loyalty cash. So I got ~$1200 of MSRP and an extra $500 down. When you combine the tax savings on the trade I saved about $3400, plus I saved about a $200 in taxes by driving an hour to a dealer with a lower tax rate.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I paid $26354 (w/o tech), then got the $500 loyalty cash. So I got ~$1200 of MSRP and an extra $500 down. When you combine the tax savings on the trade I saved about $3400, plus I saved about a $200 in taxes by driving an hour to a dealer with a lower tax rate.
Tax rate is based on where the car is registered so it makes no difference where you buy it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I do not believe it was included. But I can get S-Plan so the quite does not really mater to me as mucha s the trade-in does.
Keep this in mind when dealing with s-plan deals that Mazda Pays the Dealer $245 if they sell a car using S-Plan. One dealer I was trying to work out a deal with showed me two writes ups, with and without S-plan. Basically they offered me more on the trade if I didn't get s-plan.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Keep this in mind when dealing with s-plan deals that Mazda Pays the Dealer $245 if they sell a car using S-Plan. One dealer I was trying to work out a deal with showed me two writes ups, with and without S-plan. Basically they offered me more on the trade if I didn't get s-plan.
Good to know. I did not mention to them I was eligible for S-plan pricing until after they gave me the trade-in offer, however.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Good to know. I did not mention to them I was eligible for S-plan pricing until after they gave me the trade-in offer, however.
Ah, well then that is likely the best deal you will get from them on the trade. I checked with 6 different dealers and used quotes from one dealer to get the price down at another. Since it was S-plan vs S-plan they could only offer a better deal on the trade.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If anybody is anywhere near the Maryland area, I would definitely take a look at Heritage Mazda of Owings Mills.

Their "internet pricing" is already taking off 2k+ off of MSRP. I've never bought a car from there so I don't know if that price holds up once you go in to the dealer or if it's just click bait but it wouldn't hurt to try.

New Cars Owings Mills Maryland | 2014 Mazda Mazda3 - Heritage Mazda

Definitely keeping this page bookmarked for when I get my 3 next year.

Can't wait to join Team Mazda!

·
Registered
84 Posts
If anybody is anywhere near the Maryland area, I would definitely take a look at Heritage Mazda of Owings Mills.

Their "internet pricing" is already taking off 2k+ off of MSRP. I've never bought a car from there so I don't know if that price holds up once you go in to the dealer or if it's just click bait but it wouldn't hurt to try.

New Cars Owings Mills Maryland | 2014 Mazda Mazda3 - Heritage Mazda

Definitely keeping this page bookmarked for when I get my 3 next year.

Can't wait to join Team Mazda!
From the fine print:

"All of our vehicles are priced very competitively - some well below factory invoice. In addition we include all factory rebates, bonus cash, loyalty cash, certificates, military rebate, and finance incentives that are available. Not all customers will qualify for all incentives."

Some domestic dealers around where I live pull the same scheme. Their advertised price includes a combination of items that very few people are eligible for such as a combination of employee discount, military discount, student discount, loyalty bonus + conquest bonus (lol wtf?), etc.

I've called them to confirm and in this case they are including a $500 loyalty cash + $500 military cash in their price. Most people are not eligible for one or both of those, but even $1000-$1500 off sticker would still be very good considering that most dealers want MSRP. Their BS admin fees are pretty low as well. $200.

·
Registered
52 Posts
From the fine print:

"All of our vehicles are priced very competitively - some well below factory invoice. In addition we include all factory rebates, bonus cash, loyalty cash, certificates, military rebate, and finance incentives that are available. Not all customers will qualify for all incentives."

Some domestic dealers around where I live pull the same scheme. Their advertised price includes a combination of items that very few people are eligible for such as a combination of employee discount, military discount, student discount, loyalty bonus + conquest bonus (lol wtf?), etc.

I've called them to confirm and in this case they are including a $500 loyalty cash + $500 military cash in their price. Most people are not eligible for one or both of those, but even $1000-$1500 off sticker would still be very good considering that most dealers want MSRP. Their BS admin fees are pretty low as well. $200.
Ahh okay. I had seen that before and I thought it meant that they also have factory rebates, incentives, etc. ON TOP OF, their internet price. But that sounds waayy too good to be true. Thanks for investigating!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was able to snag a '14 sTouring hatchback (non-pemium color) for $24,750 not including TT&L or any rebates/incentives. Unfortunately, I don't qualify for any rebates or incentives.

Dealer said that cut into their holdback, but I have no idea. I was just happy to get it under MSRP ($25,890). Can't wait to pick it up!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I was able to snag a '14 sTouring hatchback (non-pemium color) for $24,750 not including TT&L or any rebates/incentives. Unfortunately, I don't qualify for any rebates or incentives.

Dealer said that cut into their holdback, but I have no idea. I was just happy to get it under MSRP ($25,890). Can't wait to pick it up!
Sounds like a great deal congrats. What area do you live? and what did you do to get that deal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like a great deal congrats. What area do you live? and what did you do to get that deal?

Thanks.
I was happy walking out, that's for sure. Just holding my breath since they have to do a dealer trade to get the sTouring on their lot. Here's hoping a very responsible, older driver drives the car to the lot. I'll rest easy once I have the keys and it's parked in my garage.

I'm in the Upper Midwest. I went in with pricing from another dealer and asked them to beat it. I was communicating via e-mail all day with their internet sales people, but never hammered down a price. I was very upfront with them, knew what numbers I could make work, had my own financing, and had already done several test drives at other dealers. They initially wanted to play the "what do you want your payment to be" game, but I told them I only cared about the overall deal.

I went to a high-volume dealer that likes to move a lot of cars vs. getting the most profit per vehicle. They were very eager to move a vehicle, which clearly helped. If I was thinking, I would have tried to squeeze something else (really want that auto-dimming mirror), but I didn't want to push too much since they were very generous on my trade and the new car price.

The original dealer I went to was going to sell me the i-GT auto hatch for $23k, which I thought was a steal. But I figured if I was going to be sitting on leatherette, I might as well get a bigger engine and fancy lights.

Happy to answer any other questions! I started the Mazda3 buying experience Monday e-mailing local dealers, went to one dealer Monday night and got pricing (couldn't make the deal work with their proposed trade value), and signed the dotted line at another dealer Wednesday night.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
(couldn't make the deal work with their proposed trade value).
Did you bring up the trade before or after you agreed on a price? I ask this because if you brought it up after then you know what you were paying for the new car , and know what they were giving you for the trade in.

If you negotiate with the trade in as part of the deal then you don't know how much you paid for the car and how much they were really willing to give you for the trade in. i.e. they can move the dollars back and forth between the two deals to make it seem more appealing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you bring up the trade before or after you agreed on a price? I ask this because if you brought it up after then you know what you were paying for the new car , and know what they were giving you for the trade in.

If you negotiate with the trade in as part of the deal then you don't know how much you paid for the car and how much they were really willing to give you for the trade in. i.e. they can move the dollars back and forth between the two deals to make it seem more appealing.
First dealer gave me their lowest price before knowing a trade was involved. I even called them the next day to try and get a little more on the car or trade, but they wouldn't budge.

Second dealer beat the first price and gave me more for the trade.

Just found out I'll take delivery in a week and a half since I'm holding out for the deep crystal blue. Gonna be a long wait!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
First dealer gave me their lowest price before knowing a trade was involved. I even called them the next day to try and get a little more on the car or trade, but they wouldn't budge.

Second dealer beat the first price and gave me more for the trade.

Just found out I'll take delivery in a week and a half since I'm holding out for the deep crystal blue. Gonna be a long wait!
Thanks, had been figuring I'd wait but I think I'm going to go to the dealer this weekend and try my luck. If I can get 1k off an mz3i hatch touring with MT and electronics package I'm going to order one. If not I will be playing the waiting game.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, had been figuring I'd wait but I think I'm going to go to the dealer this weekend and try my luck. If I can get 1k off an mz3i hatch touring with MT and electronics package I'm going to order one. If not I will be playing the waiting game.
I was quoted 22,595 for an automatic hatch w/tech package before ttl, & doc fees (price includes destination fee). Excludes rebates/incentives. Definitely seems doable to get $1k off on the manual.

Shoot some emails off to local dealer Internet departments.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I
Shoot some emails off to local dealer Internet departments.
Contacted a few internet sales offices within a few hundred mile of here (Austin TX) and the best price I could get on the I touring with MT and technology package was about $600 off msrp.

I was thinking of getting a dark interior because the pictures of the light interiors on the net look very light, but then again the black interiors look more grey in the pictures then black. Today I got a brochure and based on those pictures I am now thinking I want the sand interior.

When I look for cars in stock that have the options I want there are only a handful of them within 250 miles and none of them have light interiors, so between not getting the color or the deal I want looks like I will be waiting some more.

21 - 40 of 1165 Posts