2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the latest version of Gracenote?
On Mazda website the latest update file is called Gracenote_ADR_June2018.up
I have 00.08.000 installed, is it older? Do I need an update?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just noticed: Isn't Gracenote_ADR_June2018.up for Australia? What's it doing on North American site?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure I understand your question. There is a Gracenote 9.0 NA in the hidrive link. June 2018.
What I meant was that Mazda North American website lists Gracenote_ADR_June2018.up instead of Gracenote_NA_June2018.up

And why the sizes are that much different? ADR and China are 468 Mb, EU is 308 Mb, NA is only 280 Mb and Japan is even smaller 168 Mb.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What I meant was that Mazda North American website lists Gracenote_ADR_June2018.up instead of Gracenote_NA_June2018.up

And why the sizes are that much different? ADR and China are 468 Mb, EU is 308 Mb, NA is only 280 Mb and Japan is even smaller 168 Mb.
Some versions (like Japan and NA) contain info in only 1 or a few languages. But China/ADR has to cover a LOT of languages, so the data has to be duplicated in each language. Result... larger file size.

·
Registered
569 Posts

Don't complicate and overthink it. Just go to the Hidrive link posted all over here which has the official Mazda updates and firmware. That's where we all go and it's legit. Regarding the different sizes...exactly...each region is different...just like updating navi maps and etc.

I'll even do your short work and post the URL: https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks - that finally made me understand why I could not update the Gracenote version (I'm in the US). The US Mazda infotainment site was pointing to the wrong file (pointer to the
s3.amazonaws.com site - can't type the full URL as I've not made enough posts on this site - Gracenote_ADR_June2018.up not Gracenote_NA_June2018.up. I could not install the ADR version on my Mazda, which now make sense to me as that is not the correct file. The NA file worked just fine, and is the same one that is on the hidrive site. That link was just fixed today, surprised it took Mazda since June to notice and correct it, but all is working now.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hello trying to do this gracenote right now, getting the no music update available message on car radio I download from Mazda and got the gracenote adr.up download file so this is the wrong file. I need the the one with NA in the file name. Downloading it now, Next how do you update the navigation sd card. Is the one on the Mazda site the correct one ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello trying to do this gracenote right now, getting the no music update available message on car radio I download from Mazda and got the gracenote adr.up download file so this is the wrong file. I need the the one with NA in the file name. Downloading it now, Next how do you update the navigation sd card. Is the one on the Mazda site the correct one ?
Navigation SD card is using "Mazda Toolbox" software to update.
You can go HERE to download the official file or find it in the shared drive where you are downloading the gracenote now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts