2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have search and found that this *might* be normal, but thought I would double check...

What is the clutch in a 2010 Mazda 3 supposed to feel like? The vehicle I am responsible for has has the clutch replaced. But to me it feels TERRIBLE.

There is almost no linearity. The engagement/disengagement point feels about 1/2inch long and grabs releases right at the top. There is almost no modulation, it feels quite binary (on/off). The progression feels a bit like the clutch is "going-over-centre", in the most force in the foot occurs right before disengagement, then feels much lighter as it travels to the floor. Same on release, light off the floor to the engagement point were it seems to "dwell" before quickly passing to the pedal idle position.

It does not feel anything like the 2015 Mazda 3 6speed I am used to, or 2002/2005 Ford Focus; which are much more linear and more what my experience with clutches in general have been. (all my vehicles have been standard).

The sick rows nicely and gears are easily selected.

I know what I am trying to convey is hard with words, but I have tried to do my best.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have search and found that this *might* be normal, but thought I would double check...

What is the clutch in a 2010 Mazda 3 supposed to feel like? The vehicle I am responsible for has has the clutch replaced. But to me it feels TERRIBLE.

There is almost no linearity. The engagement/disengagement point feels about 1/2inch long and grabs releases right at the top. There is almost no modulation, it feels quite binary (on/off). The progression feels a bit like the clutch is "going-over-centre", in the most force in the foot occurs right before disengagement, then feels much lighter as it travels to the floor. Same on release, light off the floor to the engagement point were it seems to "dwell" before quickly passing to the pedal idle position.

It does not feel anything like the 2015 Mazda 3 6speed I am used to, or 2002/2005 Ford Focus; which are much more linear and more what my experience with clutches in general have been. (all my vehicles have been standard).

The sick rows nicely and gears are easily selected.

I know what I am trying to convey is hard with words, but I have tried to do my best.

Thanks in advance,
i know what you mean actually! My 2012 Speed3 feels like this, at least in terms of pedal feel, and clutch grab point. I have been wondering if my clutch is worn out (dealership says it is). Whats the linearity like on the 2015 3?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts