2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not one to 'modify' anything but I thought it was time I done something to my 2015 Mazda 3 Astina. Plastidip the chrome to black (Because it was super cheap) and added the pinstripe.

Overall I think it turned out quite nicely, What are your thoughts? I do however notice that the plastidip isnt thick enough and I might redo it later.

But on another note, What colour should i plastidip my wheels?

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Im not one to 'modify' anything but I thought it was time I done something to my 2015 Mazda 3 Astina. Plastidip the chrome to black (Because it was super cheap) and added the pinstripe.

Overall I think it turned out quite nicely, What are your thoughts? I do however notice that the plastidip isnt thick enough and I might redo it later.

But on another note, What colour should i plastidip my wheels?
I would continue your theme with black wheels and possible red spines on the spokes.

Reactions: dylanando

·
Registered
5 Posts
here is how my car looks.. imgur.com/a/bPc3I
just a reference if you wanna go all-black

front emblem+chrome "v" - black plastidip + graphite metalizer
wheels - black plastidip

sorry about not being able to post the picture.. "To be able to post links or images your post count must be greater.":bash::bash:

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Like what you have done so far. Looks really good. As you asked for plastidip input, I would find a plastidip that is as close to "black chrome" -- as specifically mentioned below. Personally I not a fan of black wheels (unless a touch of difference within them as BearlyHere suggested), black tires, black car, blacked out everything, as I personally like some contrasting colors (subtle/understated contrast I do like).

If my car and I wanted plastidip, IMO, I would start with plastidip's line of Luxury Metals, specifically their Selenite Gray Metallic.

https://plastidip.com/our-products/plasti-dip/

[Note please, for hose who have murdered their Mazda 3's, this is not a criticism of your cars, but merely one person's opinion FWIW --as that was asked by for by the OP.]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tips, Wishing I got a white Mazda 3 as the black wheels would like quite scrumptious. Had a look at my local auto parts place and noticed anything other than plastdips simple colours the price is enourmous, $90.. Might just get new rims haha.

Like what you have done so far. Looks really good. As you asked for plastidip input, I would find a plastidip that is as close to "black chrome" -- as specifically mentioned below. Personally I not a fan of black wheels (unless a touch of difference within them as BearlyHere suggested), black tires, black car, blacked out everything, as I personally like some contrasting colors (subtle/understated contrast I do like).

If my car and I wanted plastidip, IMO, I would start with plastidip's line of Luxury Metals, specifically their Selenite Gray Metallic.

https://plastidip.com/our-products/plasti-dip/

[Note please, for hose who have murdered their Mazda 3's, this is not a criticism of your cars, but merely one person's opinion FWIW --as that was asked by for by the OP.]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I find this quite sexy. Im unable to paint my emblem because its the radar one. Unless theres a way :sneaky2 1:?

here is how my car looks.. imgur.com/a/bPc3I
just a reference if you wanna go all-black

front emblem+chrome "v" - black plastidip + graphite metalizer
wheels - black plastidip

sorry about not being able to post the picture.. "To be able to post links or images your post count must be greater.":bash::bash:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts