2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car has the dual zone climate control system. There are two air conditioning modes - A/C & A/C Eco. The manual says "A/C ECO function is designed to economise use of the air conditioning system. “ A/C ECO ” is displayed to indicate that the air conditioning system is operating at optimum control."

What is actual difference between A/C & A/C Eco?

·
Working Class Hero
3,705 Posts
It'll shut off the compressor under heavier engine load situations to enhance fuel economy, perhaps other things as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
I didn't even know there is an A/C eco mode. You learn something new every day.

PS: How do you turn it on? I don't see it in the manual or the climate control buttons.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't even know there is an A/C eco mode. You learn something new every day.

PS: How do you turn it on? I don't see it in the manual or the climate control buttons.
You need to have the dual zone automatic air conditioning system. Keep pressing the A/C button - it toggles between Off / AC / AC Eco. If the air con is left on Auto then it seems it will switch automatically between the AC & AC Eco modes.

·
Registered
348 Posts
You need to have the dual zone automatic air conditioning system. Keep pressing the A/C button - it toggles between Off / AC / AC Eco. If the air con is left on Auto then it seems it will switch automatically between the AC & AC Eco modes.
I have dual zone climate control but it doesn't have eco mode. A/C button is only on or off.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have dual zone climate control but it doesn't have eco mode. A/C button is only on or off.
Interesting. Mine is a 2017 (refresh) UK model made in Japan.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah, it looks like we don't have this option in the US. I'm wondering if they don't have it set up here where it'll sense when you're really pushing the car and it shuts down anything robbing power during that time then turns it back on once done.

·
Working Class Hero
3,705 Posts
Wouldn't take much. Throttle position should almost be enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have those 3 modes as well when I press just the A/C button. What does the Off mode do? When it's off, the display doesn't show A/C or A/C Eco, however A/C is still functioning. It's still blowing air and it's not from the outside.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have those 3 modes as well when I press just the A/C button. What does the Off mode do? When it's off, the display doesn't show A/C or A/C Eco, however A/C is still functioning. It's still blowing air and it's not from the outside.
Off means the A/C compressor doesn't operate to produce chilled air. The climate control still works by mixing ambient air from outside with air heated by the car if required. This is fine when conditions outside are below say 18C but the car will be unable to cool the interior in hot weather. Living in the UK I only need air conditioning for a few weeks in summer or more often at other times to demist the car in humid weather!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts