2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 week old '19, hatch, AWD. Twice had a 2 beep tone warning with a red warning light on center cluster, went away so fast I didn't catch the light position. Twice today a 5-6 warning beep plus a red center cluster light. Is there a list somewhere of what the assorted warning tones mean ? and yes I really did search the manual, usually all it says is something to the effect of "a warning tone will sound" or some such but doesn't tell you what kind of tone, what the tone means, etc...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Depends on your safety settings. Could be plenty of things such as blind-spot detections, lane-keeping assist or even emergency braking.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depends on your safety settings. Could be plenty of things such as blind-spot detections, lane-keeping assist or even emergency braking.
Thank you. As there are different and multiple tones for assorted warnings, I'm wanting to know what they various tones are actually and specifically warning. I have not as yet found any information from Mazda that states "2 beeps means lane departure" or "5 beeps means object approaching". Wondering if anyone knows ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Your description is pretty vague but my guess if you were driving (additional detail would help) is that it was the smart brake support telling you to hit the brakes as it thought you were going to tag something or someone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts